Problem with seasidehosting "503 Service Temporarily Unavailable"

Problem with seasidehosting "503 Service Temporarily Unavailable"

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi people. This is my first post in the list :) However, I am playing with Seaside since last year.

I was trying to deploy a app to seasidehosting, but I was no succeed. I register, and I update my pier.image and pier.changes. Y also start my image and seems to be ok. There is nothing in the logs, but when I enter to here: http://destinomochila.seasidehosting.st/seaside/pier  (yes, I didn't change appname yet haha) I get the well know 503:

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

So, the question is, is seasidehosting really doing a maitainance or I did something wrong ?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Mariano

Re: Problem with seasidehosting "503 Service Temporarily Unavailable"

Lukas Renggli
Are you using a recent Pharo image? They do not work on seasidehosting.st.

Lukas

2009/3/31 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:

> Hi people. This is my first post in the list :) However, I am playing with
> Seaside since last year.
>
> I was trying to deploy a app to seasidehosting, but I was no succeed. I
> register, and I update my pier.image and pier.changes. Y also start my image
> and seems to be ok. There is nothing in the logs, but when I enter to here:
> http://destinomochila.seasidehosting.st/seaside/pier  (yes, I didn't change
> appname yet haha) I get the well know 503:
>
> Service Temporarily Unavailable
>
> The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance
> downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
>
> So, the question is, is seasidehosting really doing a maitainance or I did
> something wrong ?
>
> Thanks in advance for the help.
>
> Mariano

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 4:55 AM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
Are you using a recent Pharo image? They do not work on seasidehosting.st.

Lukas

I am using Pier 1.1.1 one click image. Is that a recent Pharo image or that should work? If not, what image can I use with pier 1.1.1 in seasidehosting.st ?

Thanks for the help.

Mariano

2009/3/31 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:
> Hi people. This is my first post in the list :) However, I am playing with
> Seaside since last year.
>
> I was trying to deploy a app to seasidehosting, but I was no succeed. I
> register, and I update my pier.image and pier.changes. Y also start my image
> and seems to be ok. There is nothing in the logs, but when I enter to here:
> http://destinomochila.seasidehosting.st/seaside/pier  (yes, I didn't change
> appname yet haha) I get the well know 503:
>
> Service Temporarily Unavailable
>
> The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance
> downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
>
> So, the question is, is seasidehosting really doing a maitainance or I did
> something wrong ?
>
> Thanks in advance for the help.
>
> Mariano

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Problem with seasidehosting "503 Service Temporarily Unavailable"

Lukas Renggli
>> Are you using a recent Pharo image? They do not work on seasidehosting.st.
>>
>> Lukas
>
> I am using Pier 1.1.1 one click image. Is that a recent Pharo image or that
> should work? If not, what image can I use with pier 1.1.1 in
> seasidehosting.st ?

Yeah, this image unfortunately does not work on seasidehosting.st.

I suggest that you take a Squeak 3.9.1 image and load Pier 1.1.1
through Package Universes (or SqueakMap).

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 1:15 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Are you using a recent Pharo image? They do not work on seasidehosting.st.
>>
>> Lukas
>
> I am using Pier 1.1.1 one click image. Is that a recent Pharo image or that
> should work? If not, what image can I use with pier 1.1.1 in
> seasidehosting.st ?

Yeah, this image unfortunately does not work on seasidehosting.st.

I suggest that you take a Squeak 3.9.1 image and load Pier 1.1.1
through Package Universes (or SqueakMap).

I downloaded a Squeak 3.9.1 and install Pier from Universes. The problem is that the only version I see of pier is "current". I trough it was 1.1.1 but it isn't. I don't know how to get the real pier version, but I don't have the edit design button for example.

I also searched in squeakmap, but there isn't neither the 1.1.1 version.

Thanks for the help.

Mariano

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Problem with seasidehosting "503 Service Temporarily Unavailable"

Lukas Renggli
>> I suggest that you take a Squeak 3.9.1 image and load Pier 1.1.1
>> through Package Universes (or SqueakMap).
>
> I downloaded a Squeak 3.9.1 and install Pier from Universes. The problem is
> that the only version I see of pier is "current". I trough it was 1.1.1 but
> it isn't. I don't know how to get the real pier version, but I don't have
> the edit design button for example.
>
> I also searched in squeakmap, but there isn't neither the 1.1.1 version.

Indeed, this is my mistake. I forgot to publish the version.

Load Pier-Setup 1.1.1 from Universes and evaluate "PRDistribution new
register" to get an image that is identical to the one that is ready
for download.

Cheers,
Lukas

> Thanks for the help.
>
> Mariano
>

>> Lukas
>>
>> --
>> Lukas Renggli
>> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 4:07 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I suggest that you take a Squeak 3.9.1 image and load Pier 1.1.1
>> through Package Universes (or SqueakMap).
>
> I downloaded a Squeak 3.9.1 and install Pier from Universes. The problem is
> that the only version I see of pier is "current". I trough it was 1.1.1 but
> it isn't. I don't know how to get the real pier version, but I don't have
> the edit design button for example.
>
> I also searched in squeakmap, but there isn't neither the 1.1.1 version.

Indeed, this is my mistake. I forgot to publish the version.

Load Pier-Setup 1.1.1 from Universes and evaluate "PRDistribution new
register" to get an image that is identical to the one that is ready
for download.

EXCELLENT!!!!  I works perfect now :)

Thanks for the help.

Greetings,