Problem with starting server for amber-examples with new scripts

Problem with starting server for amber-examples with new scripts

philippeback
Hello,

I've some trouble  getting the server to work as before with the new stuff.

So, start.sh is said to be broken.

Indeed...

Now, if I do

./vendor/amber/bin/server

in the /amber-examples/ folder the server starts

but serves what is inside /vendor/amber/

How can I run the examples then?

I'd like to have the server start and have its document root at amber_examples/ so that I can do http://localhost:4000/processing/index.html

TIA
Phil

Re: Problem with starting server for amber-examples with new scripts

Manfred Kröhnert
Hi Phil,

the server should use the current directory it is running in as the document root.
But I'll check, once I'm home.

Maybe you can catch me on IRC.

Best,
Manfred

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 8:41 PM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I've some trouble  getting the server to work as before with the new stuff.

So, start.sh is said to be broken.

Indeed...

Now, if I do

./vendor/amber/bin/server

in the /amber-examples/ folder the server starts

but serves what is inside /vendor/amber/

How can I run the examples then?

I'd like to have the server start and have its document root at amber_examples/ so that I can do http://localhost:4000/processing/index.html

TIA
Phil

Re: Problem with starting server for amber-examples with new scripts

philippeback
I've had all kinds of weird errors, like my code became:

nil subclass #Story ...

Huh?

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 9:06 PM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've had all kinds of weird errors, like my code became:

nil subclass #Story ...

I had this problem once.
My guess was that the automatic class migration did not behave well or that the Exporter had a problem.
Changing 'nil' back to the old class solved the problem for me.

Best,
Manfred

[...]

Yes, I did. But by replacing the nil w/ Widget (which was there before).

No time to work w/ Amber at the moment. Will resume in two weeks I guess.

Phil

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 11:31 AM, Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

grunt compiler? Amberc you mean?

Thanks for the clue!

/Phil

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 5:02 PM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
grunt compiler? Amberc you mean?

Yes, the Grunt buildsystem uses amberc.
It is basically 'just another frontend'.