Problem with the OB debugger

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi

today I was giving lectures with the pahro-dev image and its OB-
debugger ad I noticed that
I could not have two halts else after proceeding the first one I got a
resume I do not what
and I could not see the other halt.
Is it only me?

Re: Problem with the OB debugger

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Stef,

So far, it might be just you???  I tried the following in 10236 and can proceed from the first halt (either on the notifier or in the full debugger) and see the second.

Have I matched your scenario?  I've even tried going elsewhere in the callstack and been ok.  In fact, I would prefer the debugger to pick an earlier frame in most (all?) situations; e.g. it selects the #halt method rather than the sender, which is what Dolphin has lead me to expect.

Bill

DoubleHale>>tryMe

        2 + 3.
        self halt.
        4+5.
        self halt.

        "
                DoubleHalt new tryMe.
        "

Re: Problem with the OB debugger

Stéphane Ducasse
did you tried in different methods?

Stef

On Feb 20, 2009, at 7:45 PM, Schwab,Wilhelm K wrote:

> Stef,
>
> So far, it might be just you???  I tried the following in 10236 and
> can proceed from the first halt (either on the notifier or in the
> full debugger) and see the second.
>
> Have I matched your scenario?  I've even tried going elsewhere in
> the callstack and been ok.  In fact, I would prefer the debugger to
> pick an earlier frame in most (all?) situations; e.g. it selects the
> #halt method rather than the sender, which is what Dolphin has lead
> me to expect.
>
> Bill
>

> DoubleHale>>tryMe
>
> 2 + 3.
> self halt.
> 4+5.
> self halt.
>
> "
> DoubleHalt new tryMe.
> "

I had not, but (I think) just did and it worked as expected.  See attached and let me know.

Bill

On Feb 20, 2009, at 7:45 PM, Schwab,Wilhelm K wrote:

> Stef,
>
> So far, it might be just you???  I tried the following in 10236 and
> can proceed from the first halt (either on the notifier or in the full
> debugger) and see the second.
>
> Have I matched your scenario?  I've even tried going elsewhere in the
> callstack and been ok.  In fact, I would prefer the debugger to pick
> an earlier frame in most (all?) situations; e.g. it selects the #halt
> method rather than the sender, which is what Dolphin has lead me to
> expect.
>
> Bill
>

> DoubleHale>>tryMe
>
> 2 + 3.
> self halt.
> 4+5.
> self halt.
>
> "
> DoubleHalt new tryMe.
> "

DoubleHalt.st (904 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Problem with the OB debugger

Dale
Stéphane,

What did the method look like? I just tried putting halts into a method and was able to proceed and step across the second halt.

Dale

----- "Stéphane Ducasse" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| Hi
|
| today I was giving lectures with the pahro-dev image and its OB-
| debugger ad I noticed that
| I could not have two halts else after proceeding the first one I got a
|
| resume I do not what
| and I could not see the other halt.
| Is it only me?
|
| Stef

Re: Problem with the OB debugger

Dale
Hmmm,

Do you have a version on OB-Tools? I tested with OB-Tools-EL.60.

Dale

----- "Dale Henrichs" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| Stéphane,
|
| What did the method look like? I just tried putting halts into a
| method and was able to proceed and step across the second halt.
|
| Dale
|
| ----- "Stéphane Ducasse" <[hidden email]> wrote:
|
| | Hi
| |
| | today I was giving lectures with the pahro-dev image and its OB-
| | debugger ad I noticed that
| | I could not have two halts else after proceeding the first one I got
| |
| | resume I do not what
| | and I could not see the other halt.
| | Is it only me?
| |
| | Stef
| |

Re: Problem with the OB debugger

I do not have it. It was on two students code. So I'm sure that this is
something that we can repeat because two of them got this behavior.
When I run the tests and put halt in different methods
I never succeeded to get to the second one. I had to remove the first
halt.
Else I got a resume I do not remember what.

I could try to redo it.

On Feb 20, 2009, at 8:22 PM, Dale Henrichs wrote:

> Stéphane,
>
> What did the method look like? I just tried putting halts into a
> method and was able to proceed and step across the second halt.
>
> Dale
>
> ----- "Stéphane Ducasse" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> | Hi
> |
> | today I was giving lectures with the pahro-dev image and its OB-
> | debugger ad I noticed that
> | I could not have two halts else after proceeding the first one I
> got a
> |
> | resume I do not what
> | and I could not see the other halt.
> | Is it only me?
> |
> | Stef

Re: Problem with the OB debugger

I do not really know  but  they took the latest version of pharo-dev
that was available the 13th
(the first day oft the lecture).

stef
On Feb 20, 2009, at 8:24 PM, Dale Henrichs wrote:

> Hmmm,
>
> Do you have a version on OB-Tools? I tested with OB-Tools-EL.60.
>
> Dale
>
> ----- "Dale Henrichs" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> | Stéphane,
> |
> | What did the method look like? I just tried putting halts into a
> | method and was able to proceed and step across the second halt.
> |
> | Dale
> |
> | ----- "Stéphane Ducasse" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> |
> | | Hi
> | |
> | | today I was giving lectures with the pahro-dev image and its OB-
> | | debugger ad I noticed that
> | | I could not have two halts else after proceeding the first one I
> got
> | |
> | | resume I do not what
> | | and I could not see the other halt.
> | | Is it only me?
> | |
> | | Stef
> | |

Re: Problem with the OB debugger

I do not have it. It was on two students code. So I'm sure that this is
something that we can repeat because two of them got this behavior.
When I run the tests and put halt in different methods
I never succeeded to get to the second one. I had to remove the first
halt.
Else I got a resume I do not remember what.

I could try to redo it.

On Feb 20, 2009, at 8:22 PM, Dale Henrichs wrote:

> Stéphane,
>
> What did the method look like? I just tried putting halts into a
> method and was able to proceed and step across the second halt.
>
> Dale
>
> ----- "Stéphane Ducasse" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> | Hi
> |
> | today I was giving lectures with the pahro-dev image and its OB-
> | debugger ad I noticed that
> | I could not have two halts else after proceeding the first one I
> got a
> |
> | resume I do not what
> | and I could not see the other halt.
> | Is it only me?
> |
> | Stef

Re: Problem with the OB debugger

Dale
Stéphane,

I have one or two pending things in the debugger, so I'll mess around to see if I can recreate it myself, as well.

Dale
----- "Stéphane Ducasse" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| I do not have it. It was on two students code. So I'm sure that this
| is
| something that we can repeat because two of them got this behavior.
| When I run the tests and put halt in different methods
| I never succeeded to get to the second one. I had to remove the first
|
| halt.
| Else I got a resume I do not remember what.
|
| I could try to redo it.
|
| On Feb 20, 2009, at 8:22 PM, Dale Henrichs wrote:
|
| > Stéphane,
| >
| > What did the method look like? I just tried putting halts into a
| > method and was able to proceed and step across the second halt.
| >
| > Dale
| >
| > ----- "Stéphane Ducasse" <[hidden email]> wrote:
| >
| > | Hi
| > |
| > | today I was giving lectures with the pahro-dev image and its OB-
| > | debugger ad I noticed that
| > | I could not have two halts else after proceeding the first one I
|
| > got a
| > |
| > | resume I do not what
| > | and I could not see the other halt.
| > | Is it only me?
| > |
| > | Stef
| > |

Re: Problem with the OB debugger

Stéphane Ducasse
I will give a try tomorrow morning now it is sleeping time :)