Problem writing Startup Error in stdout

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi guys. I am running some scripts from command line and when there is an error, Pharo prints it in the stdout.
Now I notice there are problem with method contexts that are in closures. The closure is not correctly printed. Look at these examples:

==== Startup Error: MessageNotUnderstood: receiver of "trait" is nil
UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #trait
TraitComposition>>errorIfNotAddable:
TraitComposition>>add:
TATraitComposition>>recreatedTraitCompositionFrom: in Block: ^[[1;2C^C

And this one:

==== Startup Error: Error: No user response possible
DummyUIManager(Object)>>error:
DummyUIManager>>confirm:
FreeTypeGlyphRenderer class(Object)>>confirm:
FreeTypeGlyphRenderer class(Class)>>sharing: in Block: ^[[1;2C^C

In both cases, the block is not printed and instead it prints "^[[1;2C^C". What the hell is that?
Any ideas what can be wrong? the closure seems to be printed in MethodContext >> printDebugOn:

Thanks

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Problem writing Startup Error in stdout

Sven Van Caekenberghe

On 22 Aug 2012, at 14:47, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In both cases, the block is not printed and instead it prints "^[[1;2C^C". What the hell is that?

I would guess these are terminal escape code for coloring the output…

Re: Problem writing Startup Error in stdout

Camillo Bruni-3

yep... just run from a decent terminal and you should get a nice formatted output...

On 2012-08-22, at 14:54, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 22 Aug 2012, at 14:47, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> In both cases, the block is not printed and instead it prints "^[[1;2C^C". What the hell is that?
>
> I would guess these are terminal escape code for coloring the output…

yep... just run from a decent terminal and you should get a nice formatted output...

Thanks guys.  I am using iTerm2 with zsh.
Any ideas what can I do?

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Problem writing Startup Error in stdout

Camillo Bruni-3

>> "^[[1;2C^C". What the hell is that?
>>>
>>> I would guess these are terminal escape code for coloring the output…
>>
>> yep... just run from a decent terminal and you should get a nice formatted
>> output...
>>

> Thanks guys.  I am using iTerm2 with zsh.
> Any ideas what can I do?

is any other debug output colored on the command line?
it would be rather strange if that wouldn't work in zsh... :)