Problems Starting Pharo 1.4 on Windows

Runar Jordahl
I have downloaded cogwin.zip (for Windows) and Pharo-1.4.zip from
http://www.pharo-project.org/pharo-download/unstable-1-4

I have unzipped the files into a folder. Then I try to drop
Pharo-1.4.image over Croquet.exe. Pharo starts, but the message
"WARNING! Manufactured file handle detected!" is printed many times at
the bottom of the screen. Then the image exits.

Are there some known problems with Pharo 1.4 on Windows?

Runar

Re: Problems Starting Pharo 1.4 on Windows

Lawrence Trutter
Unfortunately, I got the same issue too. That's not a good sign.... :-(

On Sunday, March 11, 2012, Runar Jordahl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have downloaded cogwin.zip (for Windows) and Pharo-1.4.zip from
> http://www.pharo-project.org/pharo-download/unstable-1-4
>
> I have unzipped the files into a folder. Then I try to drop
> Pharo-1.4.image over Croquet.exe. Pharo starts, but the message
> "WARNING! Manufactured file handle detected!" is printed many times at
> the bottom of the screen. Then the image exits.
>
> Are there some known problems with Pharo 1.4 on Windows?
>
> Runar

Re: Problems Starting Pharo 1.4 on Windows

normally not :)

Stef

On Mar 11, 2012, at 2:34 PM, Runar Jordahl wrote:

> I have downloaded cogwin.zip (for Windows) and Pharo-1.4.zip from
> http://www.pharo-project.org/pharo-download/unstable-1-4
>
> I have unzipped the files into a folder. Then I try to drop
> Pharo-1.4.image over Croquet.exe. Pharo starts, but the message
> "WARNING! Manufactured file handle detected!" is printed many times at
> the bottom of the screen. Then the image exits.
>
> Are there some known problems with Pharo 1.4 on Windows?
>
> Runar

Re: Problems Starting Pharo 1.4 on Windows

Igor Stasenko
looks like some file handles not finalized/invalidated... when saving an image.
I will check this.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Re: Problems Starting Pharo 1.4 on Windows

Stéphane Ducasse
thanks igor.

Stef

On Mar 11, 2012, at 9:21 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> looks like some file handles not finalized/invalidated... when saving an image.
> I will check this.
>
> On 11 March 2012 18:36, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> normally not :)
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On Mar 11, 2012, at 2:34 PM, Runar Jordahl wrote:
>>
>>> I have downloaded cogwin.zip (for Windows) and Pharo-1.4.zip from
>>> http://www.pharo-project.org/pharo-download/unstable-1-4
>>>
>>> I have unzipped the files into a folder. Then I try to drop
>>> Pharo-1.4.image over Croquet.exe. Pharo starts, but the message
>>> "WARNING! Manufactured file handle detected!" is printed many times at
>>> the bottom of the screen. Then the image exits.
>>>
>>> Are there some known problems with Pharo 1.4 on Windows?
>>>
>>> Runar
>>>

> --
> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko.

Re: Problems Starting Pharo 1.4 on Windows

Tudor Girba-2
Indeed, I wanted to report a similar thing.

However, with the old VM 13307, this message does not appear:
http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/29045/CogVM-Win-13307.zip

Also, I tried to reproduce the problem consistently, but I could not manage. The message appears somehow randomly. I can offer to do more experiments, if you tell me what to look for.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Beauty is where we see it."

Re: Problems Starting Pharo 1.4 on Windows

Igor Stasenko
check pharodebug.log

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Re: Problems Starting Pharo 1.4 on Windows

Igor Stasenko

Re: Problems Starting Pharo 1.4 on Windows

Runar Jordahl
Sorry for my ignorance, but what should I download to get the fix?
From the issue tracker i notice the bug is closed "in 14389". What
component is this?

Kind regards
Runar

2012/3/12 Igor Stasenko <[hidden email]>:

> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko.

Re: Problems Starting Pharo 1.4 on Windows

Stéphane Ducasse
the latest image on the jenkins server.

Stef

https://ci.lille.inria.fr/pharo/view/Pharo%201.4/job/Pharo%201.4/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/