Problems With Installing Rier3 and Pier3AddOns with Pharo2 Instructions

Problems With Installing Rier3 and Pier3AddOns with Pharo2 Instructions

bprior
I've had problems installing Pier3 and Pier3AddOns similar to those recently reported by Victor Stan regarding Seaside.

Using a fresh version of Pharo2, I did MetacelloBrowser open, then selected Pier3 from the unverified list and right clicked on "install configuration (Stable version)."

The loading started, but there were four or five Warning popups, for which I selected Proceed, before loading finished.

Then I selected Pier3AddOns from the unverified list and tried to install it the same way. It began loading and but hung up on a fatal error (MessageNotUnderstood:SmallInteger:add).

I also tried using Configuration Browser in a new Pharo3, with the same intent: to load Pier3 and Pier3AddOns. Same result--many warnings with Pier3 and the same fatal error with Pier3AddOns.

Is anyone else having this problem, or perhaps found a way around it?

I think the Configuration Browser in Tools is a great approach to easily loading apps. But right now there appears to be something amiss with it, or with the Pier apps.

Bruce

Re: Problems With Installing Rier3 and Pier3AddOns with Pharo2 Instructions

Johan Brichau-2
The Seaside configurations are not up-to-date yet.

There is work in progress to produce them. Stay tuned