Problems after updating Amber from 0.9 to 0.10

Problems after updating Amber from 0.9 to 0.10

XumuK
Hi guys!

I have code in index.html located on amber/projects/myProject worked on Amber 0.9
   <script src="../../js/amber.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
   <script type="text/javascript">
      loadAmber({
        files: ['myProject.js' ],
        prefix: 'projects/myProject/js',
        ready: function() {
                  smalltalk.myProjectObject._new()._someMethod();
      }
      });
and it said that GET http://localhost:4000/js/amber.js 404 (Not Found)...on Amber 0.10

Re: Problems after updating Amber from 0.9 to 0.10

Manfred Kröhnert

Hi Xumuk,

The second issue is due to the first one.
If Amber can not be loaded the smalltalk object will not be defined.

To resolve the first issue we would need more information first.
Did you upgrade by using a zip archive or did you upgrade a git repository by using git pull?
Also, did you check where amber.js is really located?
Maybe it is just a matter of updating the script location.

Best,
Manfred

Am 15.08.2013 19:36 schrieb "XumuK" <[hidden email]>:
And Chrome`s javascript console said that smalltalk is not defined when i try to open browser using <button onclick="smalltalk.Browser._open()">class browser</button>

четверг, 15 августа 2013 г., 21:27:35 UTC+4 пользователь XumuK написал:
Hi guys!

I have code in index.html located on amber/projects/myProject worked on Amber 0.9
   <script src="../../js/amber.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
   <script type="text/javascript">
      loadAmber({
        files: ['myProject.js' ],
        prefix: 'projects/myProject/js',
        ready: function() {
                  smalltalk.myProjectObject._new()._someMethod();
      }
      });
and it said that GET http://localhost:4000/js/amber.js 404 (Not Found)...on Amber 0.10

Re: Problems after updating Amber from 0.9 to 0.10

Herby Vojčík
Then it is not 0.10, it already is 0.12pre. It has lots of changes, the
location of script is just one thing to fix.

There will come some more changes before 0,12. I would suggest you don't
use master branch from git, but instead use 'legacy2' tag. It is last
commit before big changes began to happen.

Herby

XumuK wrote:

> I cloned Amber using git. Amber.js is located in
> /*amber/support/amber.js*/
>
> пятница, 16 августа 2013 г., 0:40:07 UTC+4 пользователь Manfred
> Kröhnert написал:
>
> Hi Xumuk,
>
> The second issue is due to the first one.
> If Amber can not be loaded the smalltalk object will not be defined.
>
> To resolve the first issue we would need more information first.
> Did you upgrade by using a zip archive or did you upgrade a git
> repository by using git pull?
> Also, did you check where amber.js is really located?
> Maybe it is just a matter of updating the script location.
>
> Best,

> Manfred
>
> Am 15.08.2013 19:36 schrieb "XumuK" <[hidden email] <javascript:>>:
>
> And Chrome`s javascript console said that /*smalltalk */is not
> defined when i try to open browser using <button
> onclick="smalltalk.Browser._open()">class browser</button>
>
> четверг, 15 августа 2013 г., 21:27:35 UTC+4 пользователь XumuK
> написал:
>
> Hi guys!
>
> I have code in /*index.html*/ located on
> amber/projects/myProject worked on Amber 0.9
> /*<script src="../../js/amber.js"
> type="text/javascript"></__script>*/
> /*<script type="text/javascript"> */
> /*loadAmber({ */
> /*files: ['myProject.js' ], */
> /*prefix: 'projects/myProject/js', */
> /*ready: function() {*/
> /*smalltalk.myProjectObject.___new()._someMethod();*/
> /*}*/
/*});*/

> and it said that GET http://localhost:4000/js/__amber.js
> <http://localhost:4000/js/amber.js> 404 (Not Found)...on
> Amber 0.10
>

> -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the
> Google Groups "amber-lang" group.
> it, send an email to [hidden email]
> <javascript:>.
> For more options, visit
> https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out
> <https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out>.

Re: Problems after updating Amber from 0.9 to 0.10

XumuK
Thanks

XumuK wrote:

> I cloned Amber using git. Amber.js is located in
> /*amber/support/amber.js*/
>
> пятница, 16 августа 2013 г., 0:40:07 UTC+4 пользователь Manfred
> Kröhnert написал:
>
> Hi Xumuk,
>
> The second issue is due to the first one.
> If Amber can not be loaded the smalltalk object will not be defined.
>
> To resolve the first issue we would need more information first.
> Did you upgrade by using a zip archive or did you upgrade a git
> repository by using git pull?
> Also, did you check where amber.js is really located?
> Maybe it is just a matter of updating the script location.
>
> Best,

> Manfred
>
> Am 15.08.2013 19:36 schrieb "XumuK" <[hidden email] <javascript:>>:
>
> And Chrome`s javascript console said that /*smalltalk */is not
> defined when i try to open browser using <button
> onclick="smalltalk.Browser._open()">class browser</button>
>
> четверг, 15 августа 2013 г., 21:27:35 UTC+4 пользователь XumuK
> написал:
>
> Hi guys!
>
> I have code in /*index.html*/ located on
> amber/projects/myProject worked on Amber 0.9
> /*<script src="../../js/amber.js"
> type="text/javascript"></__script>*/
> /*<script type="text/javascript"> */
> /*loadAmber({ */
> /*files: ['myProject.js' ], */
> /*prefix: 'projects/myProject/js', */
> /*ready: function() {*/
> /*smalltalk.myProjectObject.___new()._someMethod();*/
> /*}*/
/*});*/