Problems installing seaside, shore, pier

Problems installing seaside, shore, pier

Rich Warren
I'm using Squeak, and I'm trying to set up seaside, shore components,
pier and others (I'd love to get the seaside graph package, but I had
no luck at all there). I'm getting some strange problems. I'm still
pretty new to Squeak, so I'm not entirely sure what the proper method
is for loading and managing packages.

I've loaded everything using the SqueakMap Package loader. Here are
the problem's I'm having.

In the shore demo, date picker fails. I get the following error message:

MessageNotUnderstood: ShoreRenderer>>anchorWithAction:liveAction:text

I assume this means I need to load something. But how can I discover
which package provides those methods?

Pier seems to be working fine. I can change user, group, etc. (but I
can't seem to add new users, or change user passwords). I also cannot
edit the environment. Again, I probably forgot to load something.

Any suggestions?

-Rich-

Re: Problems installing seaside, shore, pier

Lukas Renggli
> Pier seems to be working fine. I can change user, group, etc. (but I
> can't seem to add new users, or change user passwords). I also cannot
> edit the environment. Again, I probably forgot to load something.

No-no, for this part this is certainly not your fault. The pier unix
security package does not allow to edit users from the web-interface,
you have to do it trough inspectors within the image. The reason for
this is basically my lazy-ness and that I am flooded with work right
now ... sometimes it will be probably possible to edit users trough
the web ;-)

You have to log in as administrator to edit the environment. The
standard username and password is admin/pier.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

On May 16, 2006, at 7:31 AM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> You have to log in as administrator to edit the environment. The
> standard username and password is admin/pier.

Yep, I saw that. But even when I log in as admin, the environment
link doesn't show up. I think I must be missing a component
somewhere. I though I read somewhere that you could just install pier
to automatically install all the seaside stuff--but it looks like
that didn't work in my case.

-Rich-

Personalised error page

Sebastien Genier [M1 ETSIE]
Good evening !

I want to make a special 404 page for my different errors.
I use at the moment 'self error' after my ifTrue messages to send a specific
error to the browser, but I want to use a better solution for the user,
sending a real personalised webpage.
Did you have any solution to help me?

Thanks in advance,

Sébastien GENIER
Technology and Management MS Degree (1st year)
Institute of Management - University of Savoie
Speciality ETSIE

Re: Problems installing seaside, shore, pier

Lukas Renggli
> Yep, I saw that. But even when I log in as admin, the environment
> link doesn't show up. I think I must be missing a component
> somewhere.

Update to the latest versions of Magritte and Pier, I think this
feature is not yet on SqueakMap.

> I though I read somewhere that you could just install pier
> to automatically install all the seaside stuff--but it looks like
> that didn't work in my case.

Yes, that's true, but maybe shore components depend a different
version of Seaside.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Personalised error page

Philippe Marschall
2006/5/17, Sebastien Genier [M1 ETSIE] <[hidden email]>:
> Good evening !
>
> I want to make a special 404 page for my different errors.
> I use at the moment 'self error' after my ifTrue messages to send a specific
> error to the browser, but I want to use a better solution for the user,
> sending a real personalised webpage.
> Did you have any solution to help me?
>
> Thanks in advance,

Make your own subclass of WAErrorHandler (look at the existing ones)
and select in the config interface of your application.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: Personalised error page

Lukas Renggli
> > I want to make a special 404 page for my different errors.
> > I use at the moment 'self error' after my ifTrue messages to send a specific
> > error to the browser, but I want to use a better solution for the user,
> > sending a real personalised webpage.
> > Did you have any solution to help me?

There is a setting in the configuration interface called "Error
Handler" that defaults to the class "WAWalkbackErrorHandler". Have a
look at the implementation of WAWalkbackErrorHandler, create your own
error handler and select it in the configuration interface.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Personalised error page

Lukas Renggli
Oups, sorry Philippe I didn't see your reply.

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch