Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Problems using amberc to compile GoogleCharts

Tom Rake

I am having difficulty compiling my GoogleCharts examples with grunt or amberc methods I can compile the code within the Helios IDE and I thought I would document my problems  here.  The IDE compile work well so I really just want to know if I am doing something wrong with amberc or this is some type of problem with amberc. The method I am using is in the file compile.sh which executes the following command from my the googlecharts directory.

../vendor/amber/bin/amberc -l Canvas -d -D js st/GoogleLoader.st st/GoogleCharts.st st/GoogleChartsExamples.st

This returns

undefined:23277

throw anError;

^

Error:

The amberc-compile branch of my repository https://github.com/tomrake/amber-examples.git will demo my problems. The following commands will duplicate the problem

git clone https://github.com/tomrake/amber-examples.git demo-problem
cd demo-problem
git pull origin amberc-compile
git checkout -b amberc-compile
git submodule update --init --recursive
cd googlecharts
./compile.sh

My project dependencies:

GoogleLoader.st depends on nothing.

GoogleCharts.st depends on GoogleLoader.st and Canvas.

GoogleChartsExamples.st depends on GoogleCharts.st.

I can sucessfully compile GoogleLoader will compile with the command:

$ ../vendor/amber/bin/amberc -d -D js st/GoogleLoader.st

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "amber-lang" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Problems using amberc to compile GoogleCharts

Manfred Kröhnert
Hello Tom,

I'll probably have a chance to look at this problem during the weekend.
Once I have some clue about what is going on I'll get back to you.

Best,
Manfred

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 5:07 PM, Thomas Rake <[hidden email]> wrote:

I am having difficulty compiling my GoogleCharts examples with grunt or amberc methods I can compile the code within the Helios IDE and I thought I would document my problems  here.  The IDE compile work well so I really just want to know if I am doing something wrong with amberc or this is some type of problem with amberc. The method I am using is in the file compile.sh which executes the following command from my the googlecharts directory.

../vendor/amber/bin/amberc -l Canvas -d -D js st/GoogleLoader.st st/GoogleCharts.st st/GoogleChartsExamples.st

This returns

throw anError;

^

Error:

The amberc-compile branch of my repository https://github.com/tomrake/amber-examples.git will demo my problems. The following commands will duplicate the problem

cd demo-problem
cd googlecharts
./compile.sh

My project dependencies:

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "amber-lang" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].

Reply | Threaded
|

Manfred Kröhnert
Hello  Tom,

you need to add the '-v' switch to amberc to see a more detailed output.
After adding it I get the following result:

SemanticAnalyzer >> errorUnknownVariable:
Unknown Variable error: google is not defined

throw anError;
      ^
Error: 

If 'google' gets created by loading the GoogleCharts js file this is a known problem within the Amber compiler.

You could try to add the GoogleCharts js file to the compilation process and see if this solves the problem.
Just add it to the commandline after the .st files or to the 'src' array in the Gruntfile.

If this does not help it would require solving #390 first.

Best,
Manfred

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 6:40 PM, Manfred Kröhnert <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Tom,

Best,
Manfred

This returns

throw anError;

^

Error:

cd demo-problem
cd googlecharts
./compile.sh

My project dependencies:

--

Reply | Threaded
|

Tom Rake
Manfred,

Thank you, google variable does seem like an Issue #390, If this is the case I will only be able to release GoogleCharts with IDE compile until #390 is fixed.

I quickly added -v switch to my amberc:

../vendor/amber/bin/amberc -v -l Canvas -d -D js st/GoogleChartsExamples.st st/GoogleCharts.st st/GoogleChartsExamples.st

I got more output but did not get the Unknown Variable message.

I just tried this:

../vendor/amber/bin/amberc -v -l Canvas -d -D js st/GoogleLoader.st
../vendor/amber/bin/amberc -v -l Canvas -d -D js st/GoogleCharts.st js/GoogleLoader.js

The GoogleLoader compiles correctly in the first line but in the second line the compiler can not resolve GoogleLoader.js. 

This seems like problems in the compilers file resolving code which likely defaults to amber_path/js. I have a few ideas of how to avoid the google variable problem in GoogleCharts. I could also checkout the js file resolving code in the compiler.

Don't knock yourself out about this, a release with IDE compile but not amberc compile was I had two weeks ago.

On Saturday, June 8, 2013 4:45:34 AM UTC-4, Manfred Kröhnert wrote:
Hello  Tom,

throw anError;
      ^
Error: 

If 'google' gets created by loading the GoogleCharts js file this is a known problem within the Amber compiler.

You could try to add the GoogleCharts js file to the compilation process and see if this solves the problem.
Just add it to the commandline after the .st files or to the 'src' array in the Gruntfile.

Best,
Manfred

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 6:40 PM, Manfred Kröhnert <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="edztolIzplQJ">mkroeh...@...> wrote:
Hello Tom,

Best,
Manfred

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 5:07 PM, Thomas Rake <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="edztolIzplQJ">tom....@...> wrote:

This returns

throw anError;

^

Error:

cd demo-problem
cd googlecharts
./compile.sh

My project dependencies:

--

Reply | Threaded
|

Manfred Kröhnert
Hi Tom,

as I reported in issue #390 there is an intermediate workaround for the problem with global variables.
Maybe I'll get a chance to implement this next week.

I'll also take a look at the problem with resolving files.
However, you could also try if the following works:

../vendor/amber/bin/amberc -v -l Canvas -d -D js st/GoogleLoader.st st/GoogleCharts.st

Best,
Manfred

On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 8:39 PM, Thomas Rake <[hidden email]> wrote:
Manfred,

Thank you, google variable does seem like an Issue #390, If this is the case I will only be able to release GoogleCharts with IDE compile until #390 is fixed.

../vendor/amber/bin/amberc -v -l Canvas -d -D js st/GoogleChartsExamples.st st/GoogleCharts.st st/GoogleChartsExamples.st

I just tried this:

../vendor/amber/bin/amberc -v -l Canvas -d -D js st/GoogleCharts.st js/GoogleLoader.js

The GoogleLoader compiles correctly in the first line but in the second line the compiler can not resolve GoogleLoader.js. 

This seems like problems in the compilers file resolving code which likely defaults to amber_path/js. I have a few ideas of how to avoid the google variable problem in GoogleCharts. I could also checkout the js file resolving code in the compiler.

Don't knock yourself out about this, a release with IDE compile but not amberc compile was I had two weeks ago.

Hello  Tom,

throw anError;
      ^
Error: 

Best,
Manfred

Hello Tom,

Best,
Manfred

This returns

throw anError;

^

Error:

cd demo-problem
cd googlecharts
./compile.sh

My project dependencies:

--

Reply | Threaded
|

Tom Rake
Manfred,

The acceptance of your pull request did the trick for my GoogleCharts compile with a line:

../vendor/amber/bin/amberc -l Canvas -g google -d -D js st/GoogleLoader.st st/GoogleCharts.st st/GoogleChartsExamples.st

Next I am working on the grunt compile.

On Saturday, June 15, 2013 1:54:41 PM UTC-4, Manfred Kröhnert wrote:
Hi Tom,

as I reported in issue #390 there is an intermediate workaround for the problem with global variables.

../vendor/amber/bin/amberc -v -l Canvas -d -D js st/GoogleLoader.st st/GoogleCharts.st

Best,
Manfred

On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 8:39 PM, Thomas Rake <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="EQa4HnabihgJ">tom....@...> wrote:
Manfred,

I just tried this:

Hello  Tom,

throw anError;
      ^
Error: 

Best,
Manfred

Hello Tom,

Best,
Manfred

This returns

throw anError;

^

Error:

cd demo-problem
cd googlecharts
./compile.sh

My project dependencies:

--

Reply | Threaded
|

Tom Rake
grunt compile works as expected! 

In the next day or so, I will make a point release with grunt compile for inclusion in amber-examples.

On Monday, June 24, 2013 7:32:15 PM UTC-4, Thomas Rake wrote:
Manfred,

The acceptance of your pull request did the trick for my GoogleCharts compile with a line:

../vendor/amber/bin/amberc -l Canvas -g google -d -D js st/GoogleLoader.st st/GoogleCharts.st st/GoogleChartsExamples.st

Hi Tom,

Best,
Manfred

Manfred,

I just tried this:

Hello  Tom,

throw anError;
      ^
Error: 

Best,
Manfred

Hello Tom,

Best,
Manfred

This returns

throw anError;

^

Error:

cd demo-problem
cd googlecharts
./compile.sh

My project dependencies:

--

Reply | Threaded
|

Manfred Kröhnert

Hi Tom,

this sounds great.
Keep it coming :-)

Best,
Manfred

Am 25.06.2013 03:03 schrieb "Thomas Rake" <[hidden email]>:
grunt compile works as expected! 

In the next day or so, I will make a point release with grunt compile for inclusion in amber-examples.

On Monday, June 24, 2013 7:32:15 PM UTC-4, Thomas Rake wrote:
Manfred,

Hi Tom,

Best,
Manfred

Manfred,

I just tried this:

Hello  Tom,

throw anError;
      ^
Error: 

Best,
Manfred

Hello Tom,

Best,
Manfred

This returns

throw anError;

^

Error:

cd demo-problem
cd googlecharts
./compile.sh

My project dependencies:

--