Problems using java code importer with inFusion under windows

Problems using java code importer with inFusion under windows

Fabrizio Perin
Hi,
i was using moose in windows and i had an error trying to use the function "import from Java source with inFusion". Seems that OSProcess doesn't work properly. To reproduce the error just try to import java code using this function in the Moose panel in windows. In Mac i never had problem using that cool function.

Anybody can help me to figure out where the problem is?

Thanks in advance for the support,

Fabrizio

PS: Here the stack trace:

--- The full stack ---
UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #nextPutAll:
ExternalWindowsOSProcess>>value
ExternalWindowsOSProcess class>>command:
WindowsProcess>>command:
WindowsProcess>>waitForCommand:
OSProcess class>>waitForCommand:
MooseImportFromJavaSourceFilesWizard>>validateImportation
[] in MooseImportFromJavaSourceFilesWizard>>performTerminateButtonAction
[] in ProgressInitiationException>>defaultAction
BlockClosure>>ensure:
ProgressInitiationException>>defaultAction
UndefinedObject>>handleSignal:
MethodContext(ContextPart)>>handleSignal:
ProgressInitiationException(Exception)>>signal
ProgressInitiationException>>display:at:from:to:during:
ProgressInitiationException class>>display:at:from:to:during:
PSUIManager(MorphicUIManager)>>displayProgress:at:from:to:during:
MooseImportFromJavaSourceFilesWizard>>performTerminateButtonAction
WizardLastPane>>terminateButtonAction
PluggableButtonMorphPlus(PluggableButtonMorph)>>performAction
PluggableButtonMorphPlus>>performAction
[] in PluggableButtonMorphPlus(PluggableButtonMorph)>>mouseUp:
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
PluggableButtonMorphPlus(PluggableButtonMorph)>>mouseUp:
PluggableButtonMorphPlus>>mouseUp:
PluggableButtonMorphPlus(Morph)>>handleMouseUp:
MouseButtonEvent>>sentTo:
PluggableButtonMorphPlus(Morph)>>handleEvent:
PluggableButtonMorphPlus(Morph)>>handleFocusEvent:
[] in HandMorph>>sendFocusEvent:to:clear:
[] in PasteUpMorph>>becomeActiveDuring:
BlockClosure>>on:do:
PasteUpMorph>>becomeActiveDuring:
HandMorph>>sendFocusEvent:to:clear:
HandMorph>>sendEvent:focus:clear:
HandMorph>>sendMouseEvent:
HandMorph>>handleEvent:
HandMorph>>processEvents
[] in WorldState>>doOneCycleNowFor:
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
WorldState>>handsDo:
WorldState>>doOneCycleNowFor:
WorldState>>doOneCycleFor:
PasteUpMorph>>doOneCycle
[] in Project class>>spawnNewProcess
[] in BlockClosure>>newProcess

Re: Problems using java code importer with inFusion under windows

Fabrizio Perin
Thanks a lot, i will try that direction and i will let you know.

Cheers,

Fabrizio

On 18 Feb 2010, at 10:15, Cyrille Delaunay wrote:

[...]

Institut fuer Mathematik und Informatik
University Bern, IAM-SCG
Neubrueckstrasse 10
CH-3012 Bern, Switzerland
Tel: +41 31 631 33 13
FAX: +41 31 631 33 55

Re: Problems using java code importer with inFusion under windows

Tudor Girba
Hi Fabrizio,

Thanks for reporting and for taking a look into this. Could you please
also open an issue?
http://code.google.com/p/moose-technology/issues/list

It is important to keep track of things.

Cheers,
Doru

On 18 Feb 2010, at 10:25, Fabrizio Perin wrote:

> [...]
>> ProgressInitiationException(Exception)>>signal
>> ProgressInitiationException>>display:at:from:to:during:
>> ProgressInitiationException class>>display:at:from:to:during:
>> PSUIManager(MorphicUIManager)>>displayProgress:at:from:to:during:
>> MooseImportFromJavaSourceFilesWizard>>performTerminateButtonAction
>> WizardLastPane>>terminateButtonAction
>> PluggableButtonMorphPlus(PluggableButtonMorph)>>performAction
>> PluggableButtonMorphPlus>>performAction
>> [] in PluggableButtonMorphPlus(PluggableButtonMorph)>>mouseUp:
>> Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
>> PluggableButtonMorphPlus(PluggableButtonMorph)>>mouseUp:
>> PluggableButtonMorphPlus>>mouseUp:
>> PluggableButtonMorphPlus(Morph)>>handleMouseUp:
>> MouseButtonEvent>>sentTo:
>> PluggableButtonMorphPlus(Morph)>>handleEvent:
>> PluggableButtonMorphPlus(Morph)>>handleFocusEvent:
>> [] in HandMorph>>sendFocusEvent:to:clear:

www.tudorgirba.com

"Obvious things are difficult to teach."

Re: Problems using java code importer with inFusion under windows

Fabrizio Perin
I try to modify the code as you suggest, but anyway the problem persist. Moreover i don't think that it is just a matter of the wrong command line because i tried to execute just this command and it doesn't work:

OSProcess  waitForCommand: 'cd "', 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\moose-suite-4_0-beta-5\moose-suite-4_0-beta-5.app\Contents\Resources\inFusion727\tools\inFusion', '"'

Seems that ExternalWindowsOSProcess it is not properly create:

a ExternalWindowsOSProcess with pid nil handle nil on 'cd "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\moose-suite-4_0-beta-5\moose-suite-4_0-beta-5.app\Contents\Resources\inFusion727\tools\inFusion"' (notYetRunning)

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Fabrizio

[...]

Thanks :)

Doru

On 18 Feb 2010, at 14:48, Fabrizio Perin wrote:

> I just did that.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Fabrizio
>

> On 18 Feb 2010, at 14:00, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi Fabrizio,
>>
>> Thanks for reporting and for taking a look into this. Could you
>> please also open an issue?
>> http://code.google.com/p/moose-technology/issues/list
>>
>> It is important to keep track of things.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>
>> On 18 Feb 2010, at 10:25, Fabrizio Perin wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks a lot, i will try that direction and i will let you know.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Fabrizio

>>> Fabrizio Perin
>>> Institut fuer Mathematik und Informatik
>>> University Bern, IAM-SCG
>>> Neubrueckstrasse 10
>>> CH-3012 Bern, Switzerland
>>> Tel: +41 31 631 33 13
>>> FAX: +41 31 631 33 55

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Obvious things are difficult to teach."

> Fabrizio Perin
> Institut fuer Mathematik und Informatik
> University Bern, IAM-SCG
> Neubrueckstrasse 10
> CH-3012 Bern, Switzerland
> Tel: +41 31 631 33 13
> FAX: +41 31 631 33 55

www.tudorgirba.com

"In a world where everything is moving ever faster,
one might have better chances to win by moving slower."

Re: Problems using java code importer with inFusion under windows

Fabrizio Perin
Hi,
with a more accurate analysis of the problem i detect that the primitives into WindowsOSProcessAccessor just fails during the initialization and that the process is not able to access the OS. So how to debug primitives?

The problem is getting complicate :)

Cheers,

Fabrizio

On 18 Feb 2010, at 15:07, Tudor Girba wrote:

[...]

Simon Denier-3

On 18 févr. 2010, at 16:46, Fabrizio Perin wrote:

Hi,
with a more accurate analysis of the problem i detect that the primitives into WindowsOSProcessAccessor just fails during the initialization and that the process is not able to access the OS. So how to debug primitives?

Can you post something on the Pharo mailing list with a test case not involving Moose? You might get more answer.