Problems verifying the cryptographic signature of a file.

Problems verifying the cryptographic signature of a file.

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2

Hi,

I'm having problems to verify the cryptographic signature of a file. It seems that the test is running, some times, while the file is being created, and some times when the file writing is finished (which is my purpose). How can I run the cryptographic signature verification only after the writing of the file is finished? I imagine that is something related with jobs and completion, but I don't know where to look for, specifically.

Any hints and suggestions are welcomed.

Cheers,

Offray

Re: Problems verifying the cryptographic signature of a file.

Esteban A. Maringolo
How do check the signature of a file?

I guess you must ensure the file creation is complete as well as its
digital signing. So if these steps are done asynchronously you should
synchronize them by means of a semaphore or similar.

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo

<[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having problems to verify the cryptographic signature of a file. It
> seems that the test is running, some times, while the file is being created,
> and some times when the file writing is finished (which is my purpose). How
> can I run the cryptographic signature verification only after the writing of
> the file is finished? I imagine that is something related with jobs and
> completion, but I don't know where to look for, specifically.
>
> Any hints and suggestions are welcomed.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Offray

Adding the checksum of a file to another (was Re: Problems verifying the cryptographic signature of a file.)

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2
Hi,

After talking with Peter at discord, I think that my question is clearer.

I have two procedures. One that writes a file (
GrafoscopioNotebook>>saveToFile: ) and other that returns the SHA1
checksum of that file ( GrafoscopioNotebook>>checksum ). What I would
like to do is to add the checksum of the saved file to another file,
which is important also for some tests. That implies that I need to know
that the writing procedure ( #saveToFile: ) has ended before running the
checksum. How can I ensure that? Need I to create some announcement in
the #saveToFile: method to use it into others that need to be aware of
the ending of the first one? Any literature of resource to check (I have
browse Blocks and and Exeptions chapter of PBE2, but still don't find
the proper message to work with this, and #ensure: and #curtail seem not
the proper choice).

Cheers,

Offray