Problems viewing stack dumps in VA 8

1 message Options

Problems viewing stack dumps in VA 8

fiona.shaw@feenyx.com.au
hi all

I have a headless windows image that is producing a stack dump.  To
look at the dump, I've loaded an image with the same config map that
was used to build the runtime image. I open the debugger, add the
stack trace and switch to the passive image when prompted. I do get
the 'unable to find a matching passive image' warning, but as this is
the same config map, it should be ok.  All goes well looking at the
first few frames of the stack trace, but when I page further down, I
start getting the error 'UndefinedObject does not understand
realClassName' as the debugger tries to display the next page of the
trace. It dies in the EsStackDumpFrame>>printOn method, sending
realClassName to the receiver, which is nil.  From then, the debugger
is pretty much dead.

Has anyone had a similar issue and could tell me what I'm doing
wrong?  Is it an error in the way I have packaged the image or with
the image I am using to debug?

I have had this problem since migrating from 4.5 to 8.0.3 last year -
in 4.5 I had no problems looking at the sdf files, despite the
warning. We've just upgraded to 8.5.0 and I had hoped the error would
magically disappear but no luck.

thanks
Fiona