Problems with ConfigurationOfMetacello in PharoCore 10514

Problems with ConfigurationOfMetacello in PharoCore 10514

Miguel Cobá
Sorry, I pressed the button to early... full mail follows:

Take a PharoCore 10508, update it with update stream to 10514.

open a workspace and evaluate:

Gofer it
squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
project: 'ConfigurationOfRFB';
load.

Then
ConfigurationOfRFB project latestVersion load

It shows an error:

Unable to resolve ConfigurationOfMetacello in method

GoferPackageReference>>resolverWith:

Installed packages:

Gofer-Core-MarkusDenker.117
Gofer-Tests-MarkusDenker.116
ConfigurationOfRFB-tbn.4

Same happens with:

Gofer it
  squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
  package: 'ConfigurationOfMagma';
  load.

((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMagma) project version: '1.0r43') load:
'Tester'

If I manually install Metacello (not bootstraped from gofer):

Gofer it
        squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
        package: 'ConfigurationOfMetacello';
        load.

I get:
ConfigurationOfMetacello-DaleHenrichs.194.

If I run now the
ConfigurationOfRFB project latestVersion load

I get:

Error: Unable to resolve Metacello-Core-DaleHenrichs.348

If I run

ConfigurationOfMetacello loadLatestVersion

I also get the error:

Error: Unable to resolve Metacello-Core-DaleHenrichs.348

So, what should we do?

I am seeing that

ConfigurationOfMetacello>>version10beta24:

has blessing #beta
and uses package Metacello-Core-Dalehenrichs.349

but

ConfigurationOfMetacello>>version10beta23:

has blessing #beta
and uses package Metacello-Core-Dalehenrichs.348

so, loadLatestVersion is not getting laste 1.0beta24 version but 1.0beta23 version for metacello

Can you please check?

Cheers

--
Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: Problems with ConfigurationOfMetacello in PharoCore 10514

Miguel Cobá
Uff, what is happening to my fingers today, keep pressing the send button before the mail is ready. Apologies.

I am seeing an error in

http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss

(that is the repository of metacello packages, I believe):

Internal Server Error
unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [hidden email] and inform them
of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that
may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error
log.

Apache Server at seaside.gemstone.com Port 80

that maybe is the cause of the error in installing metacello.

That is
Is the server down?

CC to the mail indicated in the error page.

Cheers

--
Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: Problems with ConfigurationOfMetacello in PharoCore 10514

Miguel Cobá

More info:

http://seaside.gemstone.com/

is working ok

it is just the path:

http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/

that throws the error.

Maybe the image ist kapput :)
--
Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: Problems with ConfigurationOfMetacello in PharoCore 10514

Dale
We are apparently having hardware problems with the gemsource server... we are working on it...

Dale
----- "Miguel Enrique Cobá Martinez" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| More info:
|
| http://seaside.gemstone.com/
|
| is working ok
|
| it is just the path:
|
| http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/
|
| that throws the error.
|
| Maybe the image ist kapput :)
| --
| Miguel Cobá
| http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: Problems with ConfigurationOfMetacello in PharoCore 10514

Dale
gemsource is back online ... the server crashed and we had a hiccup or two on restarting gemstone ...

Dale
----- "Dale Henrichs" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| We are apparently having hardware problems with the gemsource
| server... we are working on it...
|
| Dale
| ----- "Miguel Enrique Cobá Martinez" <[hidden email]> wrote:
|
| | More info:
| |
| | http://seaside.gemstone.com/
| |
| | is working ok
| |
| | it is just the path:
| |
| | http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/
| |
| | that throws the error.
| |

El sáb, 13-03-2010 a las 09:11 -0800, Dale Henrichs escribió:
> gemsource is back online ... the server crashed and we had a hiccup or two on restarting gemstone ...
>
> Dale
Yes, it is working now. Thanks Dale, Aaron and Gemstone people.

BTW, there is now problem at all with Metacello, it was caused by the
server crash.

Cheers

--
Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: Problems with ConfigurationOfMetacello in PharoCore 10514

Dale
I was a bit premature on claiming victory. The machine that gemsource is running on is unstable and we plan to move gemsource onto a different machine, so we'll be taking gemsource down one more time this morning while we physically move gemsource to the new machine ... I'll send mail when that's complete...

Dale
----- "Dale Henrichs" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| gemsource is back online ... the server crashed and we had a hiccup or
| two on restarting gemstone ...
|
| Dale
| ----- "Dale Henrichs" <[hidden email]> wrote:
|
| | We are apparently having hardware problems with the gemsource
| | server... we are working on it...
| |
| | Dale
| | ----- "Miguel Enrique Cobá Martinez" <[hidden email]> wrote: