Problems with SSL in Window 10

CdAB63
While trying to install seaside3 in Pharo (Windows 10) I get the following
error:

Fetched -> ConfigurationOfSeaside3-JohanBrichau.338 ---
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Pharo/MetaRepoForPharo70/main/ ---
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Pharo/MetaRepoForPharo70/main/
Loaded -> ConfigurationOfSeaside3-JohanBrichau.338 ---
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Pharo/MetaRepoForPharo70/main/ ---
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Pharo/MetaRepoForPharo70/main/
I got an error while cloning: There was an authentication error while trying
to execute the operation: .
This happens usually because you didn't provide a valid set of credentials.
You may fix this problem in different ways:

1. adding your keys to ssh-agent, executing ssh-add ~/.ssh/id_rsa in your
command line.
2. adding your keys in settings (open settings browser search for "Use
custom SSH keys" and
add your public and private keys).

As I'm not windows guy, plz how to fix this trouble with SSL and GIT????

Thnx a lot.

Re: Problems with SSL in Window 10

Christopher Fuhrman-4
Hi Casimiro,

I'm not a seaside user, but have done some Pharo on Win10. Can you tell me:
  • what Pharo Image (Pharo 7)
  • what command you were using to install it
I can try it out...

Cris

--
Christopher Fuhrman, P.Eng., PhD
Professeur au Département de génie logiciel et des technologies de l'information

http://profs.etsmtl.ca/cfuhrman
+1 514 396 8638
L'ÉTS est une constituante de l'Université du Québec

Re: Problems with SSL in Window 10

Christopher Fuhrman-4
OK -- it's loading stuff from Git (even though it looks like smalltalkhub is the start).

I was able to load this command:

Gofer new
url:'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Pharo/MetaRepoForPharo70/main/';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside3';
    load.
((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside3) project version: #stable) load: 'CI'.

But I have the ~/.ssh/id_rsa keys (for GitHub) installed on my windows 10 machine.

When the load completed, I see two git repos from GitHub:

So, I think to use GitHub with SSH you have to have a GitHub account, then create and install the keys in Windows 10. There's a tutorial that I followed:

It's in theory possible to clone from GitHub with HTTPS without a GitHub account, but I'm not sure how the config is working once you get it from smalltalkhub.

Hope this helps

+1 514 396 8638

Em 17/10/2019 15:20, Christopher Fuhrman escreveu:
Hi Casimiro,

I'm not a seaside user, but have done some Pharo on Win10. Can you tell me:
  • what Pharo Image (Pharo 7)
  • what command you were using to install it
I can try it out...

Oh, I forgot that problem happens in Pharo 7 stable and any Pharo 8 (dev). Sorry for the late info. It seems to be related to git implementation/interface with windows 10 system.

Currently I'm developing a  deep learning tool to detect stolen cars. It interfaces python stuff (Keras/Theano via Atlas stuff) using Pharo and seaside foregrounds... Have fiddled a little with the NeuralNetworks package, but decided that Keras/Theano are better an if things go bad I can always turn back to python. Last project using Pharo was a certification system, but due to the signed NDA I couldn't publish anything (pain...). This one is easier to explain: detect cars passing through checkpoints, snapshot car, identify plate, identify windshield in order to capture faces inside the car. If plate indicates problem, notify authorities and try to identify faces. Depending on results (on faces) notify police regarding danger of armed reaction. High resolution cameras.

Best regards,

Casimiro

+1 514 396 8638
L'ÉTS est une constituante de l'Université du Québec

Re: Problems with SSL in Window 10

ducasse

Casimiro

How did you run Pharo?
What is your windows exact version?

There was a change in windows 10 that broke libgit and as such blocked Pharo.

Stef