Problems with Show:ing to the transcript in Helios

Problems with Show:ing to the transcript in Helios

Andy Burnett
I have started experimenting with Helios - very slick - but found a problem with the Transcript. I know Helios is under development, so this may be irrelevant, but the following code throws a jsproxy error  (DNU append)

(1 to: 100) do: [:each| Transcript show: each;cr].

However, it works correctly under the old interface.

By the way, I started Helios just by loading helios.html from the address bar - in case that is important.

Cheers
Andy

Re: Problems with Show:ing to the transcript in Helios

philippeback
You should start helios with one of the following (added to my app index.html)

<button onClick="amber.loadHelios()">Load Helios IDE</button>
<button onClick="amber.popupHelios()">Load Helios IDE in separate Window</button>
<a id="linkhelios" href="http://127.0.0.1:4000/vendor/amber/helios.html" target="_blank">Open Helios in New Tab</a>

or do amber.loadHelios() in the javascript console.

Phil

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 8:57 PM, Andy Burnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have started experimenting with Helios - very slick - but found a problem with the Transcript. I know Helios is under development, so this may be irrelevant, but the following code throws a jsproxy error  (DNU append)

(1 to: 100) do: [:each| Transcript show: each;cr].

However, it works correctly under the old interface.

By the way, I started Helios just by loading helios.html from the address bar - in case that is important.

Cheers
Andy

Re: Problems with Show:ing to the transcript in Helios

Andy Burnett
I set up the index page - makes life easier - but I still can't write to the Transcript

Transcript show: 'hello world'.

Produces nothing in the Transcript window, although a printIt does return a Transcript object.  Interestingly, starting Helios in this way doesn't produce a DNU

Cheers
Andy