Problems with installing packages from mcz files

Problems with installing packages from mcz files

Frank Church-3
This question is a continuation from this thread, but I thought I will
continue it separately.

http://n2.nabble.com/Problems-loading-Squeak-Map-tt3085363.html

I am trying to update the Seaside-2.8.4 app image to support GemTools
which depends on
OmniBrowser, Omni Browser morphic and a few other packages and
requires them to be opened
from the Universe Browser.

I downloaded the Universes-ls package and installed it via drag and
drop. However it is not responding
properly.

These are the steps I follow.

1.  Installl XML-Parser.mir.3.mcz (YAXO)

2. Install Universes-ls.28.mc\

3. World menu -> Tools -> Package Universe Browser

4. Update list from network.

This is where the fun begins, whenever I try to select an item I get
this error message.

==============================

HttpUrl(Url)>>toText has been deprecated. Use Url>>asText instead

Select Proceed to continue, or close this window to cancel the operation.

==============================

On reverting to installing the dependencies from the squeak map files
the system appeared to be corrupted.
and became unusable because the mouse click kept bringing up the World
menu. This part was really frustrating.

Is there an updated Pharo-Seaside combination that has the GemTools
dependencies already installed, or would be
probably better to go back to a stock Squeak and install the Seaside manually?

The Seaside One Click is based on Pharo which is why I am wondering
whether in reverting to Squeak it will be up to date.

If there is an updated Pharo that I can install Seaside and the
OmniBrowser etc I wouldn't mind.

Frank.

Re: Problems with installing packages from mcz files

Damien Cassou
On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 4:26 PM, Frank Church<[hidden email]> wrote:

> This question is a continuation from this thread, but I thought I will
> continue it separately.
>
> http://n2.nabble.com/Problems-loading-Squeak-Map-tt3085363.html
>
> I am trying to update the Seaside-2.8.4 app image to support GemTools
> which depends on
> OmniBrowser, Omni Browser morphic and a few other packages and
> requires them to be opened
> from the Universe Browser.
>
> I downloaded the Universes-ls package and installed it via drag and
> drop. However it is not responding
> properly.
>
> These are the steps I follow.
>
> 1.  Installl XML-Parser.mir.3.mcz (YAXO)

Very very old and probably incompatible with Pharo. Try with:

http://www.squeaksource.com/XMLSupport/XML-Parser-Alexandre_Bergel.17.mcz

> 2. Install Universes-ls.28.mc\

Again very old:

http://www.squeaksource.com/universes/Universes-kph.52.mcz

> 3. World menu -> Tools -> Package Universe Browser
>
> 4. Update list from network.
>
> This is where the fun begins, whenever I try to select an item I get
> this error message.
>
> ==============================
>
> HttpUrl(Url)>>toText has been deprecated. Use Url>>asText instead

That should not happen with more recent XML-Parser packages.

> Is there an updated Pharo-Seaside combination that has the GemTools
> dependencies already installed, or would be
> probably better to go back to a stock Squeak and install the Seaside manually?

> The Seaside One Click is based on Pharo which is why I am wondering
> whether in reverting to Squeak it will be up to date.
>
> If there is an updated Pharo that I can install Seaside and the
> OmniBrowser etc I wouldn't mind.

All Pharo images have OB installed per default (unless you download a
Core but you shouldn't do that):

http://pharo-project.org/download

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: Problems with installing packages from mcz files

Frank Church-3
Thanks.

 I think it is because I am using map.squeak.org rather than the
www.squeaksource.com you are referring to.

Is there a way to remove an obsolete from your image, or will
uploading those you've listed override the old ones?

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 4:40 PM, Frank Church<[hidden email]> wrote:

>  I think it is because I am using map.squeak.org rather than the
> www.squeaksource.com you are referring to.
>
> Is there a way to remove an obsolete from your image, or will
> uploading those you've listed override the old ones?

You can't remove but uploading a new file should work.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: Problems with installing packages from mcz files

Mariano Martinez Peck
To load Universes in Pharo evaluate: ScriptLoader new installingUniverses