classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Problems with mondorian

Meinert Schwartau

Hi,

I want to display the dependencies between my classes. I wonder why the following code does not work, it displays the classes in a circle but not the edges between them. I’m using Moose 6 und Pharo 5 (downloaded yesterday) and evaluated the following code in the moose panel in the evaluator:

|view|

view := RTMondrian new.

view nodes: ArrayedCollection withAllSubclasses.

view edges: (ArrayedCollection withAllSubclasses)  from: [ :cls | cls yourself ]  to: [ :cls | cls referencedClasses ].

view circleLayout.

view

Then I tried to display the dependencies between my own classes (parsed by jdt2famix) but got an exception. After clicking on All classes in the moose panel I entered the following code in the evaluator:

|view allClasses|

allClasses := self allClasses. 

view nodes: allClasses.

view edges: allClasses  from: [ :cls | cls yourself ]  to: [ :cls | cls providerTypes].

view circleLayout.

view

If I execute the code above, I get an “MessageNotUnderstood: reveiver of “atScope:” is nil” exception. If I remove the “view edges: allClasses  from: [ :cls | cls yourself ]  to: [ :cls | cls providerTypes].” statement I don’t get an exception, the RTMondorian view opens, but no classes are displayed as dots in the view.

Any suggestions?

Best regards

Meinert

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Problems with mondorian

rainer.winkler
Hi Meinert,

does this code work for you:

|view|
view edges objects: (ArrayedCollection withAllSubclasses);  connectToAll: [ :cls | cls referencedClasses ].
view circleLayout.
view inspect

To be honest, I did not yet really fully understand the edge builder. So sometimes it works, sometimes not for me. Maybe I missed some documentation or good explanation on it :-)

Best regards,
Rainer

-----Original-Nachricht-----
Von: "Meinert Schwartau" <[hidden email]>
An: [hidden email]
Datum: 08/10/16 09:04
Betreff: [Moose-dev] Problems with mondorian

Hi,

I want to display the dependencies between my classes. I wonder why the following code does not work, it displays the classes in a circle but not the edges between them. I'm using Moose 6 und Pharo 5 (downloaded yesterday) and evaluated the following code in the moose panel in the evaluator:

|view|

view edges: (ArrayedCollection withAllSubclasses)  from: [ :cls | cls yourself ]  to: [ :cls | cls referencedClasses ].

view circleLayout.

view

Then I tried to display the dependencies between my own classes (parsed by jdt2famix) but got an exception. After clicking on All classes in the moose panel I entered the following code in the evaluator:

|view allClasses|

view edges: allClasses  from: [ :cls | cls yourself ]  to: [ :cls | cls providerTypes].

view circleLayout.

view

If I execute the code above, I get an "MessageNotUnderstood: reveiver of "atScope:" is nil" exception. If I remove the "view edges: allClasses  from: [ :cls | cls yourself ]  to: [ :cls | cls providerTypes]." statement I don't get an exception, the RTMondorian view opens, but no classes are displayed as dots in the view.

Any suggestions?

Best regards

Meinert

Reply | Threaded
|

Tudor Girba-2
In reply to this post by Meinert Schwartau
Hi,

Welcome back :)

On Aug 10, 2016, at 9:04 AM, Meinert Schwartau <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I want to display the dependencies between my classes. I wonder why the following code does not work, it displays the classes in a circle but not the edges between them. I’m using Moose 6 und Pharo 5 (downloaded yesterday) and evaluated the following code in the moose panel in the evaluator:

|view|
view edges: (ArrayedCollection withAllSubclasses)  from: [ :cls | cls yourself ]  to: [ :cls | cls referencedClasses ].
view circleLayout.
view

In your script, from:to: connects one source node with one target node returned by evaluating the corresponding blocks. However, your to: blocks return a collection, and the engine will try to find a node that has that collection as a model.

What you want is to iterate over all items in the collection and connect the source node to each of the target nodes. 

To this end, you should use toAll:

|view|
view edges source: (ArrayedCollection withAllSubclasses)  connectFrom: [ :cls | cls yourself ] toAll: [ :cls | cls referencedClasses ].
view circleLayout.
view

Then I tried to display the dependencies between my own classes (parsed by jdt2famix) but got an exception. After clicking on All classes in the moose panel I entered the following code in the evaluator:
|view allClasses|
view edges: allClasses  from: [ :cls | cls yourself ]  to: [ :cls | cls providerTypes].
view circleLayout.
view

If I execute the code above, I get an “MessageNotUnderstood: reveiver of “atScope:” is nil” exception. If I remove the “view edges: allClasses  from: [ :cls | cls yourself ]  to: [ :cls | cls providerTypes].” statement I don’t get an exception, the RTMondorian view opens, but no classes are displayed as dots in the view.

Indeed, thanks for reporting.

I also noticed a bug in MooseQuery during the computation of messages like providerTypes. The problem appears when the opposite part of a relationship is nil. For example, when you have an invocation and the target cannot be resolved, the invocation will point to nil, and Moose gets unhappy. This is a problem in Moose and we need to solve it.

Cheers,
Doru

Any suggestions?

Best regards
Meinert

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"If you can't say why something is relevant, 
it probably isn't."

Reply | Threaded
|

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

I now fixed the providerTypes error (including a test). Please try with the latest Moose 6.0 image.

Cheers,
Doru

> On Aug 10, 2016, at 3:49 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Welcome back :)
>
>> On Aug 10, 2016, at 9:04 AM, Meinert Schwartau <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>  
>> I want to display the dependencies between my classes. I wonder why the following code does not work, it displays the classes in a circle but not the edges between them. I’m using Moose 6 und Pharo 5 (downloaded yesterday) and evaluated the following code in the moose panel in the evaluator:
>>  
>> |view|
>> view := RTMondrian new.
>> view nodes: ArrayedCollection withAllSubclasses.
>> view edges: (ArrayedCollection withAllSubclasses)  from: [ :cls | cls yourself ]  to: [ :cls | cls referencedClasses ].
>> view circleLayout.
>> view
>
> In your script, from:to: connects one source node with one target node returned by evaluating the corresponding blocks. However, your to: blocks return a collection, and the engine will try to find a node that has that collection as a model.
>
> What you want is to iterate over all items in the collection and connect the source node to each of the target nodes.
>
> To this end, you should use toAll:
>
> |view|
> view := RTMondrian new.
> view nodes: ArrayedCollection withAllSubclasses.
> view edges source: (ArrayedCollection withAllSubclasses)  connectFrom: [ :cls | cls yourself ] toAll: [ :cls | cls referencedClasses ].
> view circleLayout.
> view
>
>>  
>> Then I tried to display the dependencies between my own classes (parsed by jdt2famix) but got an exception. After clicking on All classes in the moose panel I entered the following code in the evaluator:
>> |view allClasses|
>> allClasses := self allClasses.
>> view nodes: allClasses.
>> view edges: allClasses  from: [ :cls | cls yourself ]  to: [ :cls | cls providerTypes].
>> view circleLayout.
>> view
>>  
>> If I execute the code above, I get an “MessageNotUnderstood: reveiver of “atScope:” is nil” exception. If I remove the “view edges: allClasses  from: [ :cls | cls yourself ]  to: [ :cls | cls providerTypes].” statement I don’t get an exception, the RTMondorian view opens, but no classes are displayed as dots in the view.
>
> Indeed, thanks for reporting.
>
> I also noticed a bug in MooseQuery during the computation of messages like providerTypes. The problem appears when the opposite part of a relationship is nil. For example, when you have an invocation and the target cannot be resolved, the invocation will point to nil, and Moose gets unhappy. This is a problem in Moose and we need to solve it.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>
>
>> Any suggestions?
>>  
>> Best regards
>> Meinert
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Moose-dev mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://www.list.inf.unibe.ch/listinfo/moose-dev
>
> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
> www.feenk.com
>
> "If you can't say why something is relevant,
> it probably isn't."

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"From an abstract enough point of view, any two things are similar."

Reply | Threaded
|

abergel
Hi Meinert,

Please, let us know whether Doru’s help solved your problem.

Alexandre

On Aug 10, 2016, at 3:04 AM, Meinert Schwartau <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I want to display the dependencies between my classes. I wonder why the following code does not work, it displays the classes in a circle but not the edges between them. I’m using Moose 6 und Pharo 5 (downloaded yesterday) and evaluated the following code in the moose panel in the evaluator:

|view|
view circleLayout.
view

|view allClasses|
view circleLayout.
view

If I execute the code above, I get an “MessageNotUnderstood: reveiver of “atScope:” is nil” exception. If I remove the “view edges: allClasses  from: [ :cls | cls yourself ]  to: [ :cls | cls providerTypes].” statement I don’t get an exception, the RTMondorian view opens, but no classes are displayed as dots in the view.

Any suggestions?

Best regards
Meinert

Reply | Threaded
|

abergel
In reply to this post by rainer.winkler
Hi Rainer,

There is a book chapter that details the edge builder:

Do you feel it remains still complex to understand?

Alexandre

On Aug 10, 2016, at 4:52 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

Hi Meinert,

|view|
view edges objects: (ArrayedCollection withAllSubclasses);  connectToAll: [ :cls | cls referencedClasses ].
view circleLayout.
view inspect

To be honest, I did not yet really fully understand the edge builder. So sometimes it works, sometimes not for me. Maybe I missed some documentation or good explanation on it :-)

Best regards,
Rainer

Hi,

I want to display the dependencies between my classes. I wonder why the following code does not work, it displays the classes in a circle but not the edges between them. I'm using Moose 6 und Pharo 5 (downloaded yesterday) and evaluated the following code in the moose panel in the evaluator:

|view|
view circleLayout.
view

|view allClasses|
view circleLayout.
view

If I execute the code above, I get an "MessageNotUnderstood: reveiver of "atScope:" is nil" exception. If I remove the "view edges: allClasses  from: [ :cls | cls yourself ]  to: [ :cls | cls providerTypes]." statement I don't get an exception, the RTMondorian view opens, but no classes are displayed as dots in the view.

Any suggestions?

Best regards
Meinert

Reply | Threaded
|

rainer.winkler
Hi Alexandre,

when I read first this chapter about Roassal and edges I had no good understanding of Pharo. And connecting numbers in the way it is done in the examples confused me. For instance: I did not had in mind, that numbers are objects, and a formula like i // 3 is just a simple way to get a function that relates one object to another one.

After attending the Pharo course by FUN, I can understand the examples. But I guess that without understanding Pharo and the way developments are typically done in Pharo, the text is complex to understand not only for me. I had probably needed a text, that explains also Pharo syntax and principles.

I have no simple solution to this. I like to do documentation, but I find it much harder than software development. As people are so different and have such a different background.

So it took me quite an effort to get my first edges to be drawn (Thanks for helping :-) ). But after I succeeded, it worked reliable. So I was happy :-)

To give a more concrete feedback and proposes for improvement of the documentation is on my lists of things to do ...

Best regards,
Rainer

Von: "Alexandre Bergel" <[hidden email]>
An: "Moose-related development" <[hidden email]>
Datum: 08/10/16 17:41
Betreff: [Moose-dev] Re: Problems with mondorian

Hi Rainer,

There is a book chapter that details the edge builder:

Do you feel it remains still complex to understand?

Alexandre

On Aug 10, 2016, at 4:52 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

Hi Meinert,

|view|
view circleLayout.
view inspect

Best regards,
Rainer

Hi,

|view|
view circleLayout.
view

|view allClasses|
view circleLayout.
view

Any suggestions?

Best regards
Meinert

Reply | Threaded
|

abergel
Sure, no problem!

Glad to hear it is working as you expect!

Alexandre

> On Aug 11, 2016, at 3:55 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> Hi Alexandre,
>
> when I read first this chapter about Roassal and edges I had no good understanding of Pharo. And connecting numbers in the way it is done in the examples confused me. For instance: I did not had in mind, that numbers are objects, and a formula like i // 3 is just a simple way to get a function that relates one object to another one.
>
> After attending the Pharo course by FUN, I can understand the examples. But I guess that without understanding Pharo and the way developments are typically done in Pharo, the text is complex to understand not only for me. I had probably needed a text, that explains also Pharo syntax and principles.
>
> I have no simple solution to this. I like to do documentation, but I find it much harder than software development. As people are so different and have such a different background.
>
> So it took me quite an effort to get my first edges to be drawn (Thanks for helping :-) ). But after I succeeded, it worked reliable. So I was happy :-)
>
> To give a more concrete feedback and proposes for improvement of the documentation is on my lists of things to do ...
>
> Best regards,
> Rainer
>
> -----Original-Nachricht-----
> Von: "Alexandre Bergel" <[hidden email]>
> An: "Moose-related development" <[hidden email]>
> Datum: 08/10/16 17:41
> Betreff: [Moose-dev] Re: Problems with mondorian
>
> Hi Rainer,
>
> There is a book chapter that details the edge builder:
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31543901/AgileVisualization/Roassal/0104-Roassal.html
>
> Do you feel it remains still complex to understand?
>
> Alexandre
>
>
>> On Aug 10, 2016, at 4:52 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
>>
>> Hi Meinert,
>>
>> does this code work for you:
>>
>> |view|
>> view edges objects: (ArrayedCollection withAllSubclasses);  connectToAll: [ :cls | cls referencedClasses ].
>> view circleLayout.
>> view inspect
>>
>> To be honest, I did not yet really fully understand the edge builder. So sometimes it works, sometimes not for me. Maybe I missed some documentation or good explanation on it :-)
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Rainer
>>
>> -----Original-Nachricht-----
>> Von: "Meinert Schwartau" <[hidden email]>
>> An: [hidden email]
>> Datum: 08/10/16 09:04
>> Betreff: [Moose-dev] Problems with mondorian
>>
>> Hi,
>>  
>> I want to display the dependencies between my classes. I wonder why the following code does not work, it displays the classes in a circle but not the edges between them. I'm using Moose 6 und Pharo 5 (downloaded yesterday) and evaluated the following code in the moose panel in the evaluator:
>>  
>> |view|
>> view edges: (ArrayedCollection withAllSubclasses)  from: [ :cls | cls yourself ]  to: [ :cls | cls referencedClasses ].
>> view circleLayout.
>> view
>>  
>> Then I tried to display the dependencies between my own classes (parsed by jdt2famix) but got an exception. After clicking on All classes in the moose panel I entered the following code in the evaluator:
>> |view allClasses|
>> allClasses := self allClasses.
>> view nodes: allClasses.
>> view edges: allClasses  from: [ :cls | cls yourself ]  to: [ :cls | cls providerTypes].
>> view circleLayout.
>> view
>>  
>> If I execute the code above, I get an "MessageNotUnderstood: reveiver of "atScope:" is nil" exception. If I remove the "view edges: allClasses  from: [ :cls | cls yourself ]  to: [ :cls | cls providerTypes]." statement I don't get an exception, the RTMondorian view opens, but no classes are displayed as dots in the view.
>>  
>> Any suggestions?
>>  
>> Best regards
>> Meinert
>>
>>
>> [hidden email]
>> [hidden email]
>
> _______________________________________________
> Moose-dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://www.list.inf.unibe.ch/listinfo/moose-dev
> Moose-dev mailing list
> [hidden email]

--
_,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu
^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.

Reply | Threaded
|

Meinert Schwartau
Hi Tudor,

there are two types of problems in the jdt2famix-import.problems file.

My project uses Lombok to generate getter, setters and builders and so on (which is quite commmon for java projects). Because of that, some methods can't be found. Consider the following classes:

----------------------------------------
import lombok.Builder;

@Builder
public class Address {

private String postalCode;

}
----------------------------------------
import lombok.AccessLevel;
import lombok.NoArgsConstructor;

@NoArgsConstructor(access = AccessLevel.PRIVATE)
public class AddressBuilder extends Address.AddressBuilder {

public static AddressBuilder anAddressBuilder() {
        return new AddressBuilder();
    }

public Address.AddressBuilder withDefaultValues() {
        return this.postalCode("23456");
    }

}
-----------------------------------------

I get the following error:
unresolved method declaration - withDefaultValues - c:\data\moose\...\AddressBuilder.java - line 12

This error message and its line number (line number 12 is the method header "Address.AddressBuilder withDefaultValues ...") are misleading because at first I thought that the hole method is missing. But it only means that in this method an unresolved method is used. Furthermore I wonder if it were possible to support lombok?

The cause of the next problem is that we have multiple smaller applications (e.g. backoffice and frontend) which are separate applications but share a common db. Some of these services have classes with the same class and packagename (e.g. an annotation WebController). This lead to the following error message:
unresolved annotation type declaration - WebController - c:\data\moose\....\WebController.java - line 12
I had to start the debugger to find the issue. I found it because AnnotationTypeDeclaration.parent.problems = "Pb(323) The type WebController is already defined"
If the package names are different the problems disappears. Then I only get the the lombok errors. As a solution I will create unique base package names for my projecfs (which makes sense anyway).

Note that you could the following example to you README of jdt2famix to show how to download the dependencies for gradle projects:

task copyDependencies(type: Copy) {
    from configurations.compile
    from configurations.testCompile
    into 'dependencies'
}

Best regards
Meinert

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2016 10:41 PM
To: Moose-related development
Subject: [Moose-dev] Re: Problems with mondorian

Hi,

Great. I am happy it works for you.

Still, could you tell me if you get any problems reported in jdt2famix-import.problems when you parse your system?

Cheers,
Doru

> On Aug 11, 2016, at 6:12 PM, Meinert Schwartau <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks. After downloading the current Moose version and using the
> other method you suggested it works for me :-)
>
> Thank you for providing the Java parser.
>
> Best regards
> Meinert
>
> > Am 10.08.2016 um 16:36 schrieb Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I now fixed the providerTypes error (including a test). Please try with the latest Moose 6.0 image.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Doru
> >
> >
> >> On Aug 10, 2016, at 3:49 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Welcome back :)
> >>
> >>> On Aug 10, 2016, at 9:04 AM, Meinert Schwartau <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>>
> >>> Hi,
> >>>
> >>> I want to display the dependencies between my classes. I wonder why the following code does not work, it displays the classes in a circle but not the edges between them. I’m using Moose 6 und Pharo 5 (downloaded yesterday) and evaluated the following code in the moose panel in the evaluator:
> >>>
> >>> |view|
> >>> view := RTMondrian new.
> >>> view nodes: ArrayedCollection withAllSubclasses.
> >>> view edges: (ArrayedCollection withAllSubclasses)  from: [ :cls | cls yourself ]  to: [ :cls | cls referencedClasses ].
> >>> view circleLayout.
> >>> view
> >>
> >> In your script, from:to: connects one source node with one target node returned by evaluating the corresponding blocks. However, your to: blocks return a collection, and the engine will try to find a node that has that collection as a model.
> >>
> >> What you want is to iterate over all items in the collection and connect the source node to each of the target nodes.
> >>
> >> To this end, you should use toAll:
> >>
> >> |view|
> >> view := RTMondrian new.
> >> view nodes: ArrayedCollection withAllSubclasses.
> >> view edges source: (ArrayedCollection withAllSubclasses)  connectFrom: [ :cls | cls yourself ] toAll: [ :cls | cls referencedClasses ].
> >> view circleLayout.
> >> view
> >>
> >>>
> >>> Then I tried to display the dependencies between my own classes (parsed by jdt2famix) but got an exception. After clicking on All classes in the moose panel I entered the following code in the evaluator:
> >>> |view allClasses|
> >>> view := RTMondrian new.
> >>> allClasses := self allClasses.
> >>> view nodes: allClasses.
> >>> view edges: allClasses  from: [ :cls | cls yourself ]  to: [ :cls | cls providerTypes].
> >>> view circleLayout.
> >>> view
> >>>
> >>> If I execute the code above, I get an “MessageNotUnderstood: reveiver of “atScope:” is nil” exception. If I remove the “view edges: allClasses  from: [ :cls | cls yourself ]  to: [ :cls | cls providerTypes].” statement I don’t get an exception, the RTMondorian view opens, but no classes are displayed as dots in the view.
> >>
> >> Indeed, thanks for reporting.
> >>
> >> I also noticed a bug in MooseQuery during the computation of messages like providerTypes. The problem appears when the opposite part of a relationship is nil. For example, when you have an invocation and the target cannot be resolved, the invocation will point to nil, and Moose gets unhappy. This is a problem in Moose and we need to solve it.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Doru
> >>
> >>
> >>> Any suggestions?
> >>>
> >>> Best regards
> >>> Meinert
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> _______________________________________________
> >>> Moose-dev mailing list
> >>> [hidden email]
> >>> https://www.list.inf.unibe.ch/listinfo/moose-dev
> >>
> >> --
> >> www.tudorgirba.com
> >> www.feenk.com
> >>
> >> "If you can't say why something is relevant, it probably isn't."
> >
> > --
> > www.tudorgirba.com
> > www.feenk.com
> >
> > "From an abstract enough point of view, any two things are similar."
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
> Moose-dev mailing list
> [hidden email]

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Not knowing how to do something is not an argument for how it cannot be done."

Reply | Threaded
|

Tudor Girba-2
Hi Meinert,

Thanks a lot for the input.

> On Aug 12, 2016, at 10:10 PM, Meinert Schwartau <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Tudor,
>
> there are two types of problems in the jdt2famix-import.problems file.
>
> My project uses Lombok to generate getter, setters and builders and so on (which is quite commmon for java projects). Because of that, some methods can't be found. Consider the following classes:
>
> ----------------------------------------
> import lombok.Builder;
>
> @Builder
> public class Address {
>
>     private String postalCode;
>
> }
> ----------------------------------------
> import lombok.AccessLevel;
> import lombok.NoArgsConstructor;
>
>
> @NoArgsConstructor(access = AccessLevel.PRIVATE)
> public class AddressBuilder extends Address.AddressBuilder {
>
>     public static AddressBuilder anAddressBuilder() {
>         return new AddressBuilder();
>     }
>
>     public Address.AddressBuilder withDefaultValues() {
>         return this.postalCode("23456");
>     }
>
> }
> -----------------------------------------
>
> I get the following error:
> unresolved method declaration - withDefaultValues - c:\data\moose\...\AddressBuilder.java - line 12
>
> This error message and its line number (line number 12 is the method header "Address.AddressBuilder withDefaultValues ...") are misleading because at first I thought that the hole method is missing. But it only means that in this method an unresolved method is used. Furthermore I wonder if it were possible to support lombok?

Very interesting. This is the first time I heard of lombok, and I would have to look into it more closely. What I find strange is that you get to visit the method (this is where you get the unresolved method declaration from) even if the method does not exist. I am sure I do not understand something. Would you like to open an issue for this?

> The cause of the next problem is that we have multiple smaller applications (e.g. backoffice and frontend) which are separate applications but share a common db. Some of these services have classes with the same class and packagename (e.g. an annotation WebController). This lead to the following error message:
> unresolved annotation type declaration - WebController - c:\data\moose\....\WebController.java - line 12
> I had to start the debugger to find the issue. I found it because AnnotationTypeDeclaration.parent.problems = "Pb(323) The type WebController is already defined"
> If the package names are different the problems disappears. Then I only get the the lombok errors. As a solution I will create unique base package names for my projecfs (which makes sense anyway).

Indeed. The only other solution for this problem is to analyze each sub-project separately. Also, perhaps I can manage to create a better log statement for this case. Would you like to open an issue on github for this?

> Note that you could the following example to you README of jdt2famix to show how to download the dependencies for gradle projects:
>
> task copyDependencies(type: Copy) {
>     from configurations.compile
>     from configurations.testCompile
>     into 'dependencies’
> }

Thanks!

Could you also tell me how to actually add this to a gradle script and invoke it? I tried a variation of this (without configurations.testCompile), but I did not manage to run it. I am likely missing something basic here, and perhaps if you would walk me through a concrete example, I could make some progress :). For example, what steps would you use for downloading the dependencies of https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-framework ?

Cheers,
Doru

>
> Best regards
> Meinert
>
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Tudor Girba [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2016 10:41 PM
> To: Moose-related development
> Subject: [Moose-dev] Re: Problems with mondorian
>
> Hi,
>
> Great. I am happy it works for you.
>
> Still, could you tell me if you get any problems reported in jdt2famix-import.problems when you parse your system?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>
>
> > On Aug 11, 2016, at 6:12 PM, Meinert Schwartau <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks. After downloading the current Moose version and using the
> > other method you suggested it works for me :-)
> >
> > Thank you for providing the Java parser.
> >
> > Best regards
> > Meinert
> >
> > > Am 10.08.2016 um 16:36 schrieb Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I now fixed the providerTypes error (including a test). Please try with the latest Moose 6.0 image.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Doru
> > >
> > >
> > >> On Aug 10, 2016, at 3:49 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >>
> > >> Hi,
> > >>
> > >> Welcome back :)
> > >>
> > >>> On Aug 10, 2016, at 9:04 AM, Meinert Schwartau <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >>>
> > >>> Hi,
> > >>>
> > >>> I want to display the dependencies between my classes. I wonder why the following code does not work, it displays the classes in a circle but not the edges between them. I’m using Moose 6 und Pharo 5 (downloaded yesterday) and evaluated the following code in the moose panel in the evaluator:
> > >>>
> > >>> |view|
> > >>> view := RTMondrian new.
> > >>> view nodes: ArrayedCollection withAllSubclasses.
> > >>> view edges: (ArrayedCollection withAllSubclasses)  from: [ :cls | cls yourself ]  to: [ :cls | cls referencedClasses ].
> > >>> view circleLayout.
> > >>> view
> > >>
> > >> In your script, from:to: connects one source node with one target node returned by evaluating the corresponding blocks. However, your to: blocks return a collection, and the engine will try to find a node that has that collection as a model.
> > >>
> > >> What you want is to iterate over all items in the collection and connect the source node to each of the target nodes.
> > >>
> > >> To this end, you should use toAll:
> > >>
> > >> |view|
> > >> view := RTMondrian new.
> > >> view nodes: ArrayedCollection withAllSubclasses.
> > >> view edges source: (ArrayedCollection withAllSubclasses)  connectFrom: [ :cls | cls yourself ] toAll: [ :cls | cls referencedClasses ].
> > >> view circleLayout.
> > >> view
> > >>
> > >>>
> > >>> Then I tried to display the dependencies between my own classes (parsed by jdt2famix) but got an exception. After clicking on All classes in the moose panel I entered the following code in the evaluator:
> > >>> |view allClasses|
> > >>> view := RTMondrian new.
> > >>> allClasses := self allClasses.
> > >>> view nodes: allClasses.
> > >>> view edges: allClasses  from: [ :cls | cls yourself ]  to: [ :cls | cls providerTypes].
> > >>> view circleLayout.
> > >>> view
> > >>>
> > >>> If I execute the code above, I get an “MessageNotUnderstood: reveiver of “atScope:” is nil” exception. If I remove the “view edges: allClasses  from: [ :cls | cls yourself ]  to: [ :cls | cls providerTypes].” statement I don’t get an exception, the RTMondorian view opens, but no classes are displayed as dots in the view.
> > >>
> > >> Indeed, thanks for reporting.
> > >>
> > >> I also noticed a bug in MooseQuery during the computation of messages like providerTypes. The problem appears when the opposite part of a relationship is nil. For example, when you have an invocation and the target cannot be resolved, the invocation will point to nil, and Moose gets unhappy. This is a problem in Moose and we need to solve it.
> > >>
> > >> Cheers,
> > >> Doru
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>> Any suggestions?
> > >>>
> > >>> Best regards
> > >>> Meinert
> > >>>
> > >>>
> > >>> _______________________________________________
> > >>> Moose-dev mailing list
> > >>> [hidden email]
> > >>> https://www.list.inf.unibe.ch/listinfo/moose-dev
> > >>
> > >> --
> > >> www.tudorgirba.com
> > >> www.feenk.com
> > >>
> > >> "If you can't say why something is relevant, it probably isn't."
> > >
> > > --
> > > www.tudorgirba.com
> > > www.feenk.com
> > >
> > > "From an abstract enough point of view, any two things are similar."
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Moose-dev mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > https://www.list.inf.unibe.ch/listinfo/moose-dev
>
> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
> www.feenk.com
>
> "Not knowing how to do something is not an argument for how it cannot be done."
>
>

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Some battles are better lost than fought."