Problems with the Java parsing of inFusion(?)

Problems with the Java parsing of inFusion(?)

Alberto Bacchelli
Hi,

 I am using my PetitJava parser to extract some facts from Java code.
Currently, I limit myself to extract the location of classes (so that I can
see the source code), their name, and information about the package
in which they reside.

By parsing a system with both PetitJava and inFusion
(using VisualWorks 7.7.1 and MSE 2.1),
I found that some classes are not present in the model generated by inFusion.
I attach here the name of the classes found by PetitJava
and by inFusion (using the command allModelClasses on the MooseModel).
(Here I do not consider interfaces).

The analyzed source code can be found here:
www.inf.usi.ch/phd/bacchelli/research/2002-05-10-argoUML_0.10.tar.bz2

For example, you can consider the files (and classes):
Project.java
GoalsDialog.java
SuperclassGen.java

I also tried to find them by querying the main MooseModel
(e.g. model detect: [:e | e name = #Project]), but these
classes are not in the model.

Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers,
 Alberto

mse2Sorted (18K) Download Attachment
petitjavaSorted (20K) Download Attachment

Re: Problems with the Java parsing of inFusion(?)

anquetil.nicolas
Alberto,

I cannot comment on petitparser or infusino, but I can suggest yet
another java to MSE extractor: VerveineJ
(svn checkout svn://scm.gforge.inria.fr/svn/verveinej)

it does the same thing as infusion only it is open source.

Note however that it generates MSE 3.0 files

nicolas

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 10:38 AM, Alberto Bacchelli
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I am using my PetitJava parser to extract some facts from Java code.
> Currently, I limit myself to extract the location of classes (so that I can
> see the source code), their name, and information about the package
> in which they reside.
>
> By parsing a system with both PetitJava and inFusion
> (using VisualWorks 7.7.1 and MSE 2.1),
> I found that some classes are not present in the model generated by inFusion.
> I attach here the name of the classes found by PetitJava
> and by inFusion (using the command allModelClasses on the MooseModel).
> (Here I do not consider interfaces).
>
> The analyzed source code can be found here:
> www.inf.usi.ch/phd/bacchelli/research/2002-05-10-argoUML_0.10.tar.bz2
>
> For example, you can consider the files (and classes):
> Project.java
> GoalsDialog.java
> SuperclassGen.java
>
> I also tried to find them by querying the main MooseModel
> (e.g. model detect: [:e | e name = #Project]), but these
> classes are not in the model.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?
>
> Cheers,
>  Alberto

Nicolas Anquetil        Univ. Lille1 / INRIA-equipe RMod

Re: Problems with the Java parsing of inFusion(?)

Alberto

MSE2.1 is old, infusion is not open. So may be you should have a look at VerveineJ
which is open and produce MSE3.0.

A a community we cannot maintain and improve two versions with 2 different metamodels and
vendor specific features.

Stef