Problems with the removal of Nautilus

Guillermo Polito
Hi,

I've just tried to create a new package in Calypso and I got bitten by this:

https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/21804/Creating-a-Package-from-Calypso-produces-DNU

Creating a new package was an extension of Nautilus, and was never introduced in RPackage.

How should we procceed? How can we know all the "extensions" that were not so?

--

Guille Polito

Research Engineer

CRIStAL - UMR 9189

French National Center for Scientific Research - http://www.cnrs.fr

Web: http://guillep.github.io

Phone: +33 06 52 70 66 13

Phone: +33 06 52 70 66 13

Re: Problems with the removal of Nautilus

Pavel Krivanek-3

I've just tried to create a new package in Calypso and I got bitten by this:

https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/21804/Creating-a-Package-from-Calypso-produces-DNU

Creating a new package was an extension of Nautilus, and was never introduced in RPackage.

How should we procceed? How can we know all the "extensions" that were not so?

I will try to check them

-- Pavel

--

Guille Polito

Research Engineer

CRIStAL - UMR 9189

French National Center for Scientific Research - http://www.cnrs.fr

Web: http://guillep.github.io

Phone: +33 06 52 70 66 13

Re: Problems with the removal of Nautilus

Pavel Krivanek-3
In an old image with Nautilus I did this:

names := #('Nautilus' 'NautilusCommon' 'Nautilus-GroupManager' 'Nautilus-GroupManagerUI' 'QualityAssistant' 'QualityAssistantRecording' 'QualityAssistant-Test').

selectors := names flatCollect: [ :packageName | packageName asPackage extensionMethods collect: #selector as: Set ].
selectors reject: [ :each |
senders := SystemNavigation default allSendersOf: each.
senders allSatisfy: [ :sender | names includes: sender package name ] ].

This is the result of problematic extensions. Some of them are solved by the removal, most of them are menu entries in NautilusRefactorings. The mentioned selector #createPackageNamed: is there.

 "#(#codeRewritingClass: #methodRefactoring: #refactoringMenu: #varRefactoringSubMenu: #groupRefactoring: #createPackageNamed: #sourceCodeRefactoring: #refactoringSubmenu: #instVarRefactoring: #refactoringMethod: #browse #sourceCodeRefactoringMenu: #asRingDefinition #addCategory:before: #hasErrorTest #inheritsFrom: #compile:classified:notifying: #traits #hasPassedTest #extendingPackages #browsedEnvironment: #hasFailedTest #notifyViewedDiffFor:of: #repairIcon #color #annotateRubricText: #notifyBanInitiatedFor:of: #notifyCritique:AutoFixedFor:)"

I will check them and make the issue entries.

-- Pavel

I've just tried to create a new package in Calypso and I got bitten by this:

https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/21804/Creating-a-Package-from-Calypso-produces-DNU

Creating a new package was an extension of Nautilus, and was never introduced in RPackage.

How should we procceed? How can we know all the "extensions" that were not so?

I will try to check them

-- Pavel

--

Guille Polito

Research Engineer

CRIStAL - UMR 9189

French National Center for Scientific Research - http://www.cnrs.fr

Web: http://guillep.github.io

Phone: +33 06 52 70 66 13

Re: Problems with the removal of Nautilus

Pavel Krivanek-3
createPackageNamed: - solved by you
browse - adds an ability for RBBrowserEnvironment to be browsed by Nautilus, no action needed
asRingDefinition - for UndefinedObject, solved by Nautilus removal, no action needed
addCategory:before: - solved by Nautilus removal, no action needed
hasErrorTest solved by Nautilus removal, no action needed
inheritsFrom:  solved by Nautilus removal, no action needed
compile:classified:notifying: solved by Nautilus removal, no action needed
traits  solved by Nautilus removal, no action needed
hasPassedTest solved by Nautilus removal, no action needed
extendingPackages solved by Nautilus removal, no action needed
hasFailedTest  solved by Nautilus removal, no action needed
#color solved by Nautilus removal, no action needed
annotateRubricText: solved by Nautilus removal, no action needed

So at least from the method extensions point of view, we should be safe. Thanks

-- Pavel