Processing example failing

philippeback
0 does not understand #\\

amber/examples/processing/index.html

Is there an issue tracker somewhere to report that? I found quite
some, so, maybe it is best not to forget.

This is based on the what's currently in git at
https://github.com/NicolasPetton/amber.git

Phil

Re: Processing example failing

Chip Nowacek-2
https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber/issues?state=open

You'll notice it's a different github.

On Tuesday, March 5, 2013 6:07:55 PM UTC-5, [hidden email] wrote:
0 does not understand #\\

amber/examples/processing/index.html

Is there an issue tracker somewhere to report that? I found quite
some, so, maybe it is best not to forget.

This is based on the what's currently in git at
https://github.com/NicolasPetton/amber.git

Phil

Re: Processing example failing

Nicolas Petton
The repo moved to https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber
And the examples to https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber-examples

Some examples are clearly old and may be outdated. I must admit that I didn't have a chance yet to review them.
Anyone willing to do it before the release?

Cheers,
Nico

On Mar 6, 2013, at 12:07 AM, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 0 does not understand #\\
>
> amber/examples/processing/index.html
>
> Is there an issue tracker somewhere to report that? I found quite
> some, so, maybe it is best not to forget.
>
> This is based on the what's currently in git at
> https://github.com/NicolasPetton/amber.git
>
> Phil

Nicolas Petton
http://www.nicolas-petton.fr

Re: Processing example failing

philippeback
The github I used is the listed at the bottom of the main page.

Maybe worth a fix

2013/3/6 Chip Nowacek <[hidden email]>:

> https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber/issues?state=open
>
> You'll notice it's a different github.
>
> On Tuesday, March 5, 2013 6:07:55 PM UTC-5, [hidden email] wrote:
>>
>> 0 does not understand #\\
>>
>> amber/examples/processing/index.html
>>
>> Is there an issue tracker somewhere to report that? I found quite
>> some, so, maybe it is best not to forget.
>>
>> This is based on the what's currently in git at
>> https://github.com/NicolasPetton/amber.git
>>
>> Phil

Re: Processing example failing

philippeback
Got this:

JavaScript exception: SyntaxError: Invalid regular expression: /\/: \
at end of pattern

While searching for the references of Number>>\\

Will clone the other repo now (and then go to bed).

Phil

2013/3/6 Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]>:

> The repo moved to https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber
> And the examples to https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber-examples
>
> Some examples are clearly old and may be outdated. I must admit that I didn't have a chance yet to review them.
> Anyone willing to do it before the release?
>
> Cheers,
> Nico
>

> On Mar 6, 2013, at 12:07 AM, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> 0 does not understand #\\
>>
>> amber/examples/processing/index.html
>>
>> Is there an issue tracker somewhere to report that? I found quite
>> some, so, maybe it is best not to forget.
>>
>> This is based on the what's currently in git at
>> https://github.com/NicolasPetton/amber.git
>>
>> Phil
>>
>> --

> Nicolas Petton
> http://www.nicolas-petton.fr

Re: Processing example failing

Nicolas Petton
It will be fixed in a couple of days together with the release :)

Cheers,
Nico

On Mar 6, 2013, at 12:17 AM, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The github I used is the listed at the bottom of the main page.
>
> Maybe worth a fix
>
> 2013/3/6 Chip Nowacek <[hidden email]>:
>> https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber/issues?state=open
>>
>> You'll notice it's a different github.
>>
>> On Tuesday, March 5, 2013 6:07:55 PM UTC-5, [hidden email] wrote:
>>>
>>> 0 does not understand #\\
>>>
>>> amber/examples/processing/index.html
>>>
>>> Is there an issue tracker somewhere to report that? I found quite
>>> some, so, maybe it is best not to forget.
>>>
>>> This is based on the what's currently in git at
>>> https://github.com/NicolasPetton/amber.git
>>>
>>> Phil
>>
>> --

Nicolas Petton
http://www.nicolas-petton.fr

Re: Processing example failing

Chip Nowacek-2
I updated the home page issue.

On Mar 6, 2013, at 12:17 AM, "<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="M1mfPK7hbwcJ">ph...@..." <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="M1mfPK7hbwcJ">ph...@...> wrote:

> The github I used is the listed at the bottom of the main page.
>
> Maybe worth a fix
>
> 2013/3/6 Chip Nowacek <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="M1mfPK7hbwcJ">two.st...@...>:
>> https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber/issues?state=open
>>
>> You'll notice it's a different github.
>>
>> On Tuesday, March 5, 2013 6:07:55 PM UTC-5, [hidden email] wrote:
>>>
>>> 0 does not understand #\\
>>>
>>> amber/examples/processing/index.html
>>>
>>> Is there an issue tracker somewhere to report that? I found quite
>>> some, so, maybe it is best not to forget.
>>>
>>> This is based on the what's currently in git at
>>> https://github.com/NicolasPetton/amber.git
>>>
>>> Phil
>>
>> --

Nicolas Petton
http://www.nicolas-petton.fr

Re: Processing example failing

Chip Nowacek-2
I will do whatever I can on the examples as I need to be going through them anyway.

On Mar 6, 2013, at 12:07 AM, "<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="k4EkYz-9ciwJ">ph...@..." <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="k4EkYz-9ciwJ">ph...@...> wrote:

> 0 does not understand #\\
>
> amber/examples/processing/index.html
>
> Is there an issue tracker somewhere to report that? I found quite
> some, so, maybe it is best not to forget.
>
> This is based on the what's currently in git at
> https://github.com/NicolasPetton/amber.git
>
> Phil

Nicolas Petton
http://www.nicolas-petton.fr

Re: Processing example failing

Chip Nowacek-2
I am really embarrassed about this, but, again, I really haven't developed anything. I just started figuring out git a week ago.

If I find stuff in the examples that ought to be fixed, I just create a local branch and publish it (I assume this GitHub app means push) when I get to some reasonable point? Right? Then submit a pull request so you can review the work?

Should I go ahead and reconfigure the loading parameters as Herby suggested, as in:
  • s/files/packages/ (removing the .js) and
  • s/prefix/packageHome/ (and adjust that pathing)?
Would that help?

On Tuesday, March 5, 2013 6:12:40 PM UTC-5, nicolas petton wrote:
The repo moved to https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber
And the examples to https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber-examples

Some examples are clearly old and may be outdated. I must admit that I didn't have a chance yet to review them.
Anyone willing to do it before the release?

Cheers,
Nico

On Mar 6, 2013, at 12:07 AM, "<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="k4EkYz-9ciwJ">ph...@..." <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="k4EkYz-9ciwJ">ph...@...> wrote:

> 0 does not understand #\\
>
> amber/examples/processing/index.html
>
> Is there an issue tracker somewhere to report that? I found quite
> some, so, maybe it is best not to forget.
>
> This is based on the what's currently in git at
> https://github.com/NicolasPetton/amber.git
>
> Phil

Nicolas Petton
http://www.nicolas-petton.fr

Re: Processing example failing

Herby Vojčík
The examples as-is were freshly moved, so they may need more adjusting. Mostly in the lines of where to find amber. They were originally bundled with amber as subdirectories, so there may be relative or absolute path (without matchine) that may not work any more.

But beside that, what you mentioned should be enough (even the old prefix/files should work, there was a fix pushed some two days before).

Herby

Chip Nowacek wrote:

> I am really embarrassed about this, but, again, I really haven't
> developed anything. I just started figuring out git a week ago.
>
> If I find stuff in the examples that ought to be fixed, I just create
> a local branch and publish it (I assume this GitHub app means push)
> when I get to some reasonable point? Right? Then submit a pull request
> so you can review the work?
>
> Should I go ahead and reconfigure the loading parameters as Herby
> suggested, as in:
>
>   * s/files/packages/ (removing the .js) and
>   * s/prefix/packageHome/ (and a
djust that pathing)?