Processing js initialisation?

Hannes Hirzel
Hello

I go stuck initialising processing in Amber 0.13.

Method ProcessingClock>>firstProcessingInstance

    firstProcessingInstance

        <return Processing.instances[0]>

I posted the question here including the link to the proper repo:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27374889/how-do-i-access-a-javascript-global-processing-initialisation.

Regards

Hannes

Re: Processing js initialisation?

Amber Smalltalk mailing list
Hello

I just returned from my vacation.

I will try to follow all the previous communication regarding amber and
processingJS.

Where can I find the most current sources of your merge?

The initialization of amber starts already in the index.html if I
remember right....

Sebastian

Am 09.12.2014 01:40, schrieb H. Hirzel:

> Hello
>
> I go stuck initialising processing in Amber 0.13.
>

> Method ProcessingClock>>firstProcessingInstance
>
>      firstProcessingInstance
>
>          <return Processing.instances[0]>
>
> I posted the question here including the link to the proper repo:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27374889/how-do-i-access-a-javascript-global-processing-initialisation.
>
> Regards
>
> Hannes

Re: Processing js initialisation?

Hannes Hirzel
Hello Sebastian

Hope you had a good vacation ...

Here is the latest code

https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber-examples/issues/58

It loads the amber init sample application and the
Processing-Examples.st code fine.

But there is an issue with the initialisation of processing.js.

We have to get the right processing.amd.json file.

What does not work is

{
"paths": {
            "processing": "bower_components/processing"
         }
}

Herby's latest answer on this is

<citation>
Paths section is libdir-relative.

And if you are only loading one .js file from that path, you don't map
the path, but the file itself (it's in fact preferred), without final
.js.
</citation>

I assume what he means with 'libdir' is 'bower-components'. So I do
not have to mention 'bower-components' and then in

/home/hhzl/amber-examples/processing/bower_components/processing

I have

bower.json
processing.js
processing.min.js

So the next thing I try is to have the following in file
'processing.amd.json file'

{
"paths": {
            "processing": "processing/processing"
         }
}

This is where we are currenly. Happy that you chime in. The issue as
for now is to get the original
https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber-examples/tree/master/processing
working.

In the gh-58 branch. And if that works I can merge everything into
main (amber-examples).

Then we can add the additional examples you have in your
   https://github.com/HeSe/amber-processingJs
in a proper version 0.13

--Hannes

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I just returned from my vacation.
>
> I will try to follow all the previous communication regarding amber and
> processingJS.
>
> Where can I find the most current sources of your merge?
>
> The initialization of amber starts already in the index.html if I
> remember right....
>
> Sebastian
>

> Am 09.12.2014 01:40, schrieb H. Hirzel:
>> Hello
>>
>> I go stuck initialising processing in Amber 0.13.
>>

>> Method ProcessingClock>>firstProcessingInstance
>>
>>      firstProcessingInstance
>>
>>          <return Processing.instances[0]>
>>
>> I posted the question here including the link to the proper repo:
>>
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27374889/how-do-i-access-a-javascript-global-processing-initialisation.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Hannes

Re: Processing js initialisation?

Herby Vojčík

H. Hirzel wrote:

> Herby's latest answer on this is
>
> <citation>
> Paths section is libdir-relative.
>
> And if you are only loading one .js file from that path, you don't map
> the path, but the file itself (it's in fact preferred), without final
> .js.
> </citation>
>
> I assume what he means with 'libdir' is 'bower-components'. So I do
> not have to mention 'bower-components' and then in

Of course not, directory of processing lib is directory of processing lib. You may have any layout you want, no one prescribes single bower_components.

Herby

[...]

https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber-examples/tree/gh58/processing

And if that works we can merge everything into main (amber-examples).

Then we can add the additional examples you have in your

   https://github.com/HeSe/amber-processingJs

repo included in a proper version 0.13 in amber-examples (this will be
a separate issue)

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I just returned from my vacation.
>
> I will try to follow all the previous communication regarding amber and
> processingJS.
>
> Where can I find the most current sources of your merge?
>
> The initialization of amber starts already in the index.html if I
> remember right....
>
> Sebastian
>

> Am 09.12.2014 01:40, schrieb H. Hirzel:
>> Hello
>>
>> I go stuck initialising processing in Amber 0.13.
>>

>> Method ProcessingClock>>firstProcessingInstance
>>
>>      firstProcessingInstance
>>
>>          <return Processing.instances[0]>
>>
>> I posted the question here including the link to the proper repo:
>>
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27374889/how-do-i-access-a-javascript-global-processing-initialisation.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Hannes

Re: Processing js initialisation?

Amber Smalltalk mailing list
Hello again,

from a first look at the sources I expect some work on the amber
processing code it self.
The way the current ProcessingInstance it retrieved askes for a initial
initialization in the index.html file.

This was changed in my lib wrapper repository. Here you can have several
instances of Processing in  one page.

I'll have a look.

Sebastian

Am 09.12.2014 07:03, schrieb H. Hirzel:

> [...]
> in a proper version 0.13
>
> --Hannes
>

> On 12/9/14, 'Sebastian Heidbrink' via amber-lang
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I just returned from my vacation.
>>
>> I will try to follow all the previous communication regarding amber and
>> processingJS.
>>
>> Where can I find the most current sources of your merge?
>>
>> The initialization of amber starts already in the index.html if I
>> remember right....
>>
>> Sebastian
>>

>> Am 09.12.2014 01:40, schrieb H. Hirzel:
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> I go stuck initialising processing in Amber 0.13.
>>>

>>> Method ProcessingClock>>firstProcessingInstance
>>>
>>>       firstProcessingInstance
>>>
>>>           <return Processing.instances[0]>
>>>
>>> I posted the question here including the link to the proper repo:

This reminds me, if processing.js is amd-aware, do not use the global, but use `require value: 'processing'` in code to get to the module (even if it isn't, you can use this form but you need to add "shim": { "processing": { "exports": "Processing"}} sections to processing.amd.json.