ProfStef - syntax highlighting

Markus Schlager-2
Hi all,

Is there any chance to get syntax highlighting back for ProfStef
tutorials? Even ProfStef is black&white only in Pharo1.3. ProfStefBrowser
has vanished already in 1.2. Could the helpbrowser or at least the
SystemWindow used by ProfStef get an option for syntax highlighting?

All this would be highly appreciated since ProfStef-tutorials are a nice
way for writing course-material in order to teach Smalltalk at school.

LedMorph and LedTimerMorph are great example-classes to start with
teaching. I'm missing WatchMorph, though.

Markus

Re: ProfStef - syntax highlighting

Stéphane Ducasse
HI markus

> Hi all,
>
> Is there any chance to get syntax highlighting back for ProfStef tutorials?

Sure
People have to tell us.

> Even ProfStef is black&white only in Pharo1.3. ProfStefBrowser has vanished already in 1.2.

What do you mean?
You can load it?

> Could the helpbrowser or at least the SystemWindow used by ProfStef get an option for syntax highlighting?
>
> All this would be highly appreciated since ProfStef-tutorials are a nice way for writing course-material in order to teach Smalltalk at school.
>
> LedMorph and LedTimerMorph are great example-classes to start with teaching. I'm missing WatchMorph, though.

Why don't you load it into pharo?

> Markus

Re: ProfStef - syntax highlighting

S Krish
Just need to add back:

LessonView >>
 shoutAboutToStyle: aMorph

^true

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
HI markus

> Hi all,
>
> Is there any chance to get syntax highlighting back for ProfStef tutorials?

Sure
People have to tell us.

> Even ProfStef is black&white only in Pharo1.3. ProfStefBrowser has vanished already in 1.2.

What do you mean?
You can load it?

> Could the helpbrowser or at least the SystemWindow used by ProfStef get an option for syntax highlighting?
>
> All this would be highly appreciated since ProfStef-tutorials are a nice way for writing course-material in order to teach Smalltalk at school.
>
> LedMorph and LedTimerMorph are great example-classes to start with teaching. I'm missing WatchMorph, though.

Why don't you load it into pharo?

> Markus

Re: ProfStef - syntax highlighting

Alain Plantec-3
Le 23/02/2012 08:14, S Krish a écrit :
> Just need to add back:
>
> LessonView >>
>  shoutAboutToStyle: aMorph
>
> ^true
It seems that it doesn't work in 1.3.
I've fixed it.
Normally, you just need to load last version of shout and of ProfStef-Help.
Cheers
Alain

> On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
>
>     HI markus
>
>     > Hi all,
>     >
>     > Is there any chance to get syntax highlighting back for ProfStef
>     tutorials?
>
>     Sure
>     People have to tell us.
>
>     > Even ProfStef is black&white only in Pharo1.3. ProfStefBrowser
>     has vanished already in 1.2.
>
>     What do you mean?
>     You can load it?
>
>     > Could the helpbrowser or at least the SystemWindow used by
>     ProfStef get an option for syntax highlighting?
>     >
>     > All this would be highly appreciated since ProfStef-tutorials
>     are a nice way for writing course-material in order to teach
>     Smalltalk at school.
>     >
>     > LedMorph and LedTimerMorph are great example-classes to start
>     with teaching. I'm missing WatchMorph, though.
>
>     Why don't you load it into pharo?
>     >
>     > Markus
>     >

Re: ProfStef - syntax highlighting

Markus Schlager-2
Hi Stéphane,

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

>> Is there any chance to get syntax highlighting back for ProfStef tutorials?
>
> Sure
> People have to tell us.

Actually, I did so already:
http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/pharo-users/2011-April/001975.html

>> Even ProfStef is black&white only in Pharo1.3. ProfStefBrowser has vanished already in 1.2.
>
> What do you mean?
ProfStef>>goOn: does not have syntax-highlighting any more in 1.3

> You can load it?
As I understood, ProfStefBrowser was discontinued:
http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/pharo-users/2011-April/001977.html

Anyway, I wouldn't need the entire ProfStefBrowser with it's options for
adding lessons. What I'd need though, is a navigation-bar like the
help-browser offers. This is essential e.g. for a programming-tutorial
consisting of some fifty lessons.

[...]
>> LedMorph and LedTimerMorph are great example-classes to start with teaching. I'm missing WatchMorph, though.
>
> Why don't you load it into pharo?

How?

Markus

On Feb 24, 2012, at 10:03 PM, Markus Schlager wrote:

> Hi Stéphane,
>
> On Thu, 23 Feb 2012, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>>> Is there any chance to get syntax highlighting back for ProfStef tutorials?
>>
>> Sure
>> People have to tell us.
>
> Actually, I did so already: http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/pharo-users/2011-April/001975.html

Then you should scream louder and enter a bug entry

>>> Even ProfStef is black&white only in Pharo1.3. ProfStefBrowser has vanished already in 1.2.
>>
>> What do you mean?
> ProfStef>>goOn: does not have syntax-highlighting any more in 1.3

Can you check in latest 1.4 because it should be fixed

>> You can load it?
> As I understood, ProfStefBrowser was discontinued: http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/pharo-users/2011-April/001977.html

Why would it be?
It is not discontinued.

> Anyway, I wouldn't need the entire ProfStefBrowser with it's options for adding lessons. What I'd need though, is a navigation-bar like the help-browser offers. This is essential e.g. for a programming-tutorial consisting of some fifty lessons.

so did you load it in the latest 1.4 and did it work now?

> [...]
>>> LedMorph and LedTimerMorph are great example-classes to start with teaching. I'm missing WatchMorph, though.
>>
>> Why don't you load it into pharo?
>
> How?

You go on squeak and file out the class and load it in pharo.

> Markus

Re: ProfStef - syntax highlighting

laurent laffont

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 9:47 AM, Alain Plantec <[hidden email]> wrote:
Le 23/02/2012 08:14, S Krish a écrit :

Just need to add back:

LessonView >>
 shoutAboutToStyle: aMorph

^true
It seems that it doesn't work in 1.3.
I've fixed it.

Yes now it works for ProfStef-Help. I've also add it for ProfStef-Core so now "ProfStef go" has syntax highlighting too.

Laurent

Normally, you just need to load last version of shout and of ProfStef-Help.
Cheers
Alain

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

   HI markus

   > Hi all,
   >
   > Is there any chance to get syntax highlighting back for ProfStef
   tutorials?

   Sure
   People have to tell us.

   > Even ProfStef is black&white only in Pharo1.3. ProfStefBrowser
   has vanished already in 1.2.

   What do you mean?
   You can load it?

   > Could the helpbrowser or at least the SystemWindow used by
   ProfStef get an option for syntax highlighting?

   > All this would be highly appreciated since ProfStef-tutorials
   are a nice way for writing course-material in order to teach
   Smalltalk at school.

   > LedMorph and LedTimerMorph are great example-classes to start
   with teaching. I'm missing WatchMorph, though.

   Why don't you load it into pharo?

   > Markus

Re: ProfStef - syntax highlighting

laurent laffont

>> You can load it?
> As I understood, ProfStefBrowser was discontinued: http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/pharo-users/2011-April/001977.html

Why would it be?

Stef, ProfStefBrowser was a GUI to create new ProfStef tutorials and browse but it was buggy.  I've replaced it by ProfStef-Help since Pharo 1.2.

Laurent

It is not discontinued.

On Feb 26, 2012, at 2:21 PM, laurent laffont wrote:

> >> You can load it?
> > As I understood, ProfStefBrowser was discontinued: http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/pharo-users/2011-April/001977.html
>
> Why would it be?
>

> Stef, ProfStefBrowser was a GUI to create new ProfStef tutorials and browse but it was buggy.  I've replaced it by ProfStef-Help since Pharo 1.2.

Ok now with Spec it should be easier to build a UI.

On Sun, 26 Feb 2012, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> so did you load it in the latest 1.4 and did it work now?

Looks good, thanks!

Markus