Profiler

ar-2
looking for a profiler to use in d5.

Blair, did you mention something about a profiler in one of your posts
recently?

Ian? (didn't see any link on your site, is it in the d4 goodies maybe?)

-alan reider

Re: Profiler

Ian Bartholomew-10
Alan,

> looking for a profiler to use in d5.
>
> Blair, did you mention something about a profiler in one of your posts
> recently?
>
> Ian? (didn't see any link on your site, is it in the d4 goodies maybe?)

I have got a version of the Profiler for D5 but I just haven't got round to
putting it on the web site yet.  Like previous versions it is a bit crude
but it does appear to work as expected and can be helpful in some
situations. The main downsides are the minimum sampling interval is only 1mS
(not too much of a problem with slower processors but a bit too long
nowadays) and occasionally confusing results caused by the way Dolphin works
(only being interruptible at certain points).  I think it's worth what you
will have to pay for it though :-)

I guess I'm going to end up uploading a temporary D5 goodies page with a
zipped copy of the goodies folder tree from my disk and a brief description
of what has changed. I've been trying to do more but there is a bit too much
going on at the moment ....

--
Ian
Due to spamming the reply-to address may only be valid for the next few