Profiler

Carl Gundel-2
Does there exist a sampling, stack organized performance tool for VA Smalltalk similar to Kent Beck's Profiler/V?

-Carl Gundel

Re: Profiler

SebastianHC
There's a configurationmap called ENVY/Stats ES-ALL it includes some
benchmarking tools.

You might also want to have a look at "keStats":
http://www.instantiations.com/resources/goodies.html

Sebastian

Am 21.05.2013 13:21, schrieb Carl Gundel:

> Does there exist a sampling, stack organized performance tool for VA
> Smalltalk similar to Kent Beck's Profiler/V?
> -Carl Gundel

Re: Profiler

Douglas Swartz
And while there are a bunch of fancy tools in the ENVY Stats package,
this snippet of code is what I've almost always used to great effect:

(EsbSampler spyOn: [the code you are profiling]) browse

Doug

Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 3:56:46 PM, Sebastion wrote:

> There's a configurationmap called ENVY/Stats ES-ALL it includes some
> benchmarking tools.

> You might also want to have a look at "keStats":
> http://www.instantiations.com/resources/goodies.html

> Sebastian

> Am 21.05.2013 13:21, schrieb Carl Gundel:
>> Does there exist a sampling, stack organized performance tool for VA
>> Smalltalk similar to Kent Beck's Profiler/V?
>> -Carl Gundel
>> --

Best regards,
 Douglas                            mailto:[hidden email]

Re: Profiler

SebastianHC
uhhh yes,.... I forgot that one, too.

[ ... any Block ... ] traceAndBrowse.

That's very confinient with existing code just like "halt" and "inspect"

Sebastian

Am 21.05.2013 17:56, schrieb Douglas Swartz:

> And while there are a bunch of fancy tools in the ENVY Stats package,
> this snippet of code is what I've almost always used to great effect:
>
> (EsbSampler spyOn: [the code you are profiling]) browse
>
> Doug
>
> Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 3:56:46 PM, Sebastion wrote:
>
>> There's a configurationmap called ENVY/Stats ES-ALL it includes some
>> benchmarking tools.
>> You might also want to have a look at "keStats":
>> http://www.instantiations.com/resources/goodies.html
>> Sebastian
>> Am 21.05.2013 13:21, schrieb Carl Gundel:
>>> Does there exist a sampling, stack organized performance tool for VA
>>> Smalltalk similar to Kent Beck's Profiler/V?
>>> -Carl Gundel

Re: Profiler

Carl Gundel-2
Thanks, but I cannot find the ENVY Stats package.  Are traceAndBrowse and the EsbSampler part of that package?

-Carl

On Tuesday, May 21, 2013 9:33:28 PM UTC-4, Sebastian Heidbrink wrote:
uhhh yes,.... I forgot that one, too.

[ ... any Block ... ] traceAndBrowse.

That's very confinient with existing code just like "halt" and "inspect"

Sebastian

Am 21.05.2013 17:56, schrieb Douglas Swartz:

> And while there are a bunch of fancy tools in the ENVY Stats package,
> this snippet of code is what I've almost always used to great effect:
>
> (EsbSampler spyOn: [the code you are profiling]) browse
>
> Doug
>
> Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 3:56:46 PM, Sebastion wrote:
>
>> There's a configurationmap called ENVY/Stats ES-ALL it includes some
>> benchmarking tools.
>> You might also want to have a look at "keStats":
>> http://www.instantiations.com/resources/goodies.html
>> Sebastian
>> Am 21.05.2013 13:21, schrieb Carl Gundel:
>>> Does there exist a sampling, stack organized performance tool for VA
>>> Smalltalk similar to Kent Beck's Profiler/V?
>>> -Carl Gundel

Re: Profiler

Carl Gundel-2
Ah, I see the package is called the Performance Workbench.

-Carl