Programmatic Scoped Browsing

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
I tried:
    SystemNavigation new
        environment: RPackage allInstances third asEnvironment;
        browseAllSelect: aBlock

but it still searched the whole image. I looked for examples in the image of manually building an environment/SystemDictionary, but didn't find anything helpful.

Thanks.
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Programmatic Scoped Browsing

hernanmd
Hi Sean,

I do this for browsing BioSmalltalk classes with Nautilus

| pkgs env |

pkgs := RPackageOrganizer default packages select: [ :each | each
packageName beginsWith: 'Bio' ].
env := RBBrowserEnvironment new forPackages: pkgs.
env label: 'BioSmalltalk'.
Nautilus openInEnvironment: env

Cheers,

Hernán

El 24/11/2013 13:30, Sean P. DeNigris escribió:

> I tried:
>      SystemNavigation new
> environment: RPackage allInstances third asEnvironment;
> browseAllSelect: aBlock
>
> but it still searched the whole image. I looked for examples in the image of
> manually building an environment/SystemDictionary, but didn't find anything
> helpful.
>
> Thanks.
>

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean

Re: Programmatic Scoped Browsing

Stéphane Ducasse

On Nov 24, 2013, at 5:55 PM, Hernán Morales Durand <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Sean,
>
> I do this for browsing BioSmalltalk classes with Nautilus
>
> | pkgs env |
>
> pkgs := RPackageOrganizer default packages select: [ :each | each packageName beginsWith: 'Bio' ].
> env := RBBrowserEnvironment new forPackages: pkgs.
> env label: 'BioSmalltalk'.
> Nautilus openInEnvironment: env

feel free to add an helper method in RBBrowserEnvironment

> Hernán
>
> El 24/11/2013 13:30, Sean P. DeNigris escribió:
>> I tried:
>>     SystemNavigation new
>> environment: RPackage allInstances third asEnvironment;
>> browseAllSelect: aBlock
>>
>> but it still searched the whole image. I looked for examples in the image of
>> manually building an environment/SystemDictionary, but didn't find anything
>> helpful.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>> -----
>> Cheers,
>> Sean

Re: Programmatic Scoped Browsing

hernanmd
Sorry for the late reply. May anyone can drop a line for how to contribute (not bug reporting/patch) to projects like RB and Nautilus?

Because there are 3 Nautilus repositories in SmalltalkHub...

Hernán