Progress Indicator

Dennis Schenk
Hi all,

Could anyone point me in the right direction on how to create a progress indicator for long running tasks? Are there any examples, implementation I could look at?

I found MooseCustomTask and SystemProgressBarMorph. I'm not sure about using the MooseCustomTask, because what I want to do is not directly related to moose. Its just a generic task. Are there any other classes that handle the display of progress bars?

Thanks,
Dennis

Re: Progress Indicator

Tudor Girba-2
Hi Dennis,

You can use this:
UIManager default
                displayProgress: 'Test'
                at: Sensor cursorPoint
                from: 1
                to: 100
                during: [ :bar | 1 to: 100 do: [:each | (Delay forMilliseconds:
10)wait.  bar value: each ] ]

Cheers,
Doru

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 3:56 PM, Dennis Schenk
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Could anyone point me in the right direction on how to create a progress
> indicator for long running tasks? Are there any examples, implementation I
> could look at?
>
> I found MooseCustomTask and SystemProgressBarMorph. I'm not sure about using
> the MooseCustomTask, because what I want to do is not directly related to
> moose. Its just a generic task. Are there any other classes that handle the
> display of progress bars?
>
> Thanks,
> Dennis

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Progress Indicator

Dennis Schenk
Perfect, thanks

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Could anyone point me in the right direction on how to create a progress
> indicator for long running tasks? Are there any examples, implementation I
> could look at?
>
> I found MooseCustomTask and SystemProgressBarMorph. I'm not sure about using
> the MooseCustomTask, because what I want to do is not directly related to
> moose. Its just a generic task. Are there any other classes that handle the
> display of progress bars?
>
> Thanks,
> Dennis

www.tudorgirba.com