Progress Report -> Refactoring Project - ( February 8 - 12 )

Progress Report -> Refactoring Project - ( February 8 - 12 )

EVELYN CUSI LOPEZ
Hi all

Last week I did these tasks:

- Add preview to select variables when running the generate accessors command (Fix issue #5270).
- Separate the link between views and refactorings (setUp and pushDown method refactoring).
- Add generic previews and remove specific previews of PushUp and PushDown refactoring (https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/pull/8553).
- I started the modification to make refactorings only in some packages, add a searcher for classes and methods in packages (these have reference to the package internally), I still have to finish implementing this part so that it is updated correctly when there are changes, deletions and additions. Fix issues #8513, #6366.
- Improve "Move method to class side" Refactoring, the new version catch broken references (method senders and direct access to instVar) and fix them (https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/compare/Pharo9.0...Lin777:NewMoveToClassSideRefactoring?expand=1), for instance:

Before refactoring:

RBTransformationRuleTestData >> rewriteUsing: searchReplacer
     rewriteRule := searchReplacer.
     self resetResult.

After refactoring:

RBTransformationRuleTestData >> rewriteUsing: searchReplacer
     ^ self class rewriteUsing: searchReplace.

RBTransformationRuleTestData class >> rewriteUsing: searchReplacer

     | aRBTransformationRuleTestData |
     aRBTransformationRuleTestData := self new.
     aRBTransformationRuleTestData rewriteRule: searchReplacer.
     aRBTransformationRuleTestData resetResult').
Tasks for this week:

- Improve extract setUp refactoring.
- Finish to rename methods in specific packages (Fix issues #8513, #6366.)
- Improve messages when exists a Warnings or Expections in refactorings.
- Fix move to component refactoring issue ( #8499)
- Fix extract method issue (#5855)
- Check if it is better to change the behavior of the "Remove method" command, using a refactoring instead of a strategy

Cheers,
Evelyn

Re: Progress Report -> Refactoring Project - ( February 8 - 12 )

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
More great progress, Evelyn! Did you see my question on your last update
thread RE data loss when pushing up instance variables?

-----
Cheers,
Sean
Sean

Re: Progress Report -> Refactoring Project - ( February 8 - 12 )

EVELYN CUSI LOPEZ
Hello,

Thanks for following the progress. I just checked the mail well, I'm not quite sure what you mean, the loss of variable values would be when you have live instances at the time of refactoring, right?

Regards,
Evelyn Cusi

El mié, 17 feb 2021 a las 15:51, Sean P. DeNigris (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
More great progress, Evelyn! Did you see my question on your last update
thread RE data loss when pushing up instance variables?

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Progress Report -> Refactoring Project - ( February 8 - 12 )

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
EVELYN CUSI LOPEZ wrote
> the loss of variable values would be when you
> have live instances at the time of refactoring, right?

Exactly

-----
Cheers,
Sean