Progress Report -> Refactoring Project - ( May 10 - May 14)

Progress Report -> Refactoring Project - ( May 10 - May 14)

EVELYN CUSI LOPEZ
Hi everyone,

Last week I did these tasks:

- Improve presenter of scope list using trees, add modal to show details of scopes
- Add RBClassHierarchyEnvironment
- Add commands to add HierarchyScope (from simple class), add NOT command to do operations in scopeList.
- Add direct access from the toolbar. Check these changes in the branch: DefaultScope branch Check the behavior in this video: Youtube video.
- Change preview of refactorings from Modal to Dialog, refactor some components of refactoring presenters and add focus order in rename method preview. Check changes here: PR

Tasks for this week:

- Use the scopeList with refactorings (as default environments).
- Fix issues: #9060 and #5894. Now refactoring preview presenter is already a Dialog, Still missing to convert the renaming, select methods, variables, etc.presents to dialogs

Regards,

Evelyn C.

Re: Progress Report -> Refactoring Project - ( May 10 - May 14)

gcotelli
Evelyn,
It is really good to see these improvements. May I suggest allowing the user to give a name to a specific scope?. Because having a large list of packages or classes in the scope and using them to infer the name will not scale well. I'm envisioning creating these scopes programmatically for our packages and having the possibility of giving them a proper name is a must.

Another idea that I think can be useful is to allow combining existing scopes into a new one.

Keep up the good work.

Evelyn C.

Re: Progress Report -> Refactoring Project - ( May 10 - May 14)

EVELYN CUSI LOPEZ
Hello Gabriel,

Thank you very much for the suggestions, at the moment they have a default name, but of course I could add the option to rename them.

Right now we are making the combination of environments accessible, using the RBAndEnvironment, RBOrEnvironment and RBNotEnvironment classes.

Regards,

Evelyn Cusi