Project Ideas for Google Summer of Code 2021

1 message Options

Project Ideas for Google Summer of Code 2021

Oleksandr Zaitsev
Hello,

Google Summer of Code (GSoC) is happening again and this year thereĀ are some changes to the program organization. Most importantly:

  1. GSoC this year will be two times shorter (175 working hours instead of 350 and 10 weeks of coding instead of full three months)
  2. There will be 2 evaluations instead of 3
  3. Student stipends are cut in half
  4. Mentor stipends are reduced from $500 to $400
  5. Students who are not enrolled in accredited programs can now apply, which means that there can be more applicants
We are preparing an application from Pharo Consortium and we need your help with the list of project ideas.

If you have a project that you would like to mentor or co-mentor, please add your idea to the list in the following template on github: https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-project-proposals/blob/master/Topics.st, and send a pull request. Please check the guide to find the hints on how to propose a good GSoC project.

For more information on what are the responsibilities of GSoC mentors, please consult the Mentor Guide. And if you have any questions, we are always happy to answer them.

With all the best wishes,
GSoC Program Organizers from Pharo Consortium

Oleksandr Zaitsev <[hidden email]>
Juan Pablo Sandoval <[hidden email]>
Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]>