Project Show & Tell - LEKtrek

Ben Coman
LEKtrek is "a software development platform for electrical power
applications".  This is my masters project to provide the GUI for
modeling electrical power networks, into which researchers can plug
calculations.

These video presentations are still a work in progress, but just in case
you needed some filler for the Show Us Your Project sessions at
PharoConf/MooseDay, please feel free to use any portion of the three
videos listed below.  These can be viewed using VLC.  Note that the 020
video was the first I ever produced and suffers a little for quality
until I can fix it after writing up my dissertation.  Quality gets
better in the later videos 010 and 030.

http://files.openinworld.com/LEKtrek/
* LEKtrek 010 Introduction 2013-02-25.mp4 - 6min - background context
for the project
* LEKtrek 020 Explorer User 2013-02-28.mp4 - 8min30 - a tool to explore
the IEC 61970 Common Information Model (of electrical power networks)
* LEKtrek 030 Modeller User 2013-03-19.mp4 - 9min - a tool for modeling
an electrical power network, and executing calculations on that model.

The project is based on top of Roassal, Glamour & Magritte 3. It will
released open-source, but I am still musing over the finer points of
several licenses, which waits on completion of my dissertation.

Any and all feedback on contents and aesthetics are welcome.

cheers -ben

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: [Moose-dev] Project Show & Tell - LEKtrek

abergel
Looks like to be an excellent piece of work. Do you have a website or something? We would like to advertise this.

Cheers,
Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: [Moose-dev] Project Show & Tell - LEKtrek

Ben Coman
Thanks.
A web site is planned, with discussion forum and issue tracker.  I have the domain already.  Just waiting on completing everything that needs to be submitted for marking.