Projects/Project Windows

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
How do you create Projects in Pharo?

In Squeak, you can select "new morphic project" from the world menu.  I found out how to do the same thing programmatically:
> Project newMorphicOn: nil.

The SystemWindow appears - great, no problem; except... I can't figure out how to enter the project.  When I click on it (which would enter it in Squeak), nothing happens.  I tried a bunch of other stuff, but couldn't make it happen.

Thanks!

Sean

p.s. more generally, is there a way to get removed Squeak world menu options through the GUI?  Or do you have to perform the actions programmatically?

Sean

Re: Projects/Project Windows

Stéphane Ducasse

On Apr 5, 2010, at 10:33 PM, DeNigris Sean wrote:

> How do you create Projects in Pharo?

Pharo does not support Projects.

> In Squeak, you can select "new morphic project" from the world menu.  I found out how to do the same thing programmatically:
>> Project newMorphicOn: nil.

Don;t do that
Projects will be completely removed.

> The SystemWindow appears - great, no problem; except... I can't figure out how to enter the project.  When I click on it (which would enter it in Squeak), nothing happens.  I tried a bunch of other stuff, but couldn't make it happen.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Sean
>
> p.s. more generally, is there a way to get removed Squeak world menu options through the GUI?

if you find squeak menu specific actions that are obsolete in Pharo report them here since we will continue to clean everything.

> Or do you have to perform the actions programmatically?

Re: Projects/Project Windows

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi Sean. As Stef said, Projects were removed from Pharo. Not completely yet. I guess you are using a PharoDev image. Those images are based in PharoCore 1.0. You can take Project class and look the references. If you take a look at PharoCore 1.1 images and look for references, you will see there are a lot less. But sill, the class is present and it has only one instance.

Cheers

Mariano