Projects using Magritte meta models

Rafael Luque
Hi all,

I'm studying Magritte reading the booklet, Seaside book chapter about it, and the source code in the image.

Until now the examples I've found are related with Seaside. I wonder if there are other relevant projects I could study to discover other possible uses cases of Magritte.

Thank you!

Re: Projects using Magritte meta models

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Rafael Luque wrote
> I wonder if there are other relevant projects I could study to discover
> other possible
> uses cases of Magritte.

I use it in nearly all my personal projects, almost always via Morphic, not
Seaside. Here is a public one you can have a look at:
https://github.com/seandenigris/Small-World

Load in Pharo 6.1 via:
    Metacello new
        baseline: 'SmallWorld';
        repository: 'github://seandenigris/SmallWorld:master/repository';
        onConflict: [ :ex | ex allow ];
        load.

Browse senders of magritteDescription for classes prefixed with "Small".

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Sean

Re: Projects using Magritte meta models

Stephane Ducasse-3
Cool I will have a look when I go back to Magritte
Rafael if you see mistake in the booklet please report them to me.
I will do a pass in a couple of weeks I hope

On Sat, Apr 21, 2018 at 4:07 AM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Rafael Luque wrote
>> I wonder if there are other relevant projects I could study to discover
>> other possible
>> uses cases of Magritte.
>
> I use it in nearly all my personal projects, almost always via Morphic, not
> Seaside. Here is a public one you can have a look at:
> https://github.com/seandenigris/Small-World
>
> Load in Pharo 6.1 via:
>     Metacello new
>         baseline: 'SmallWorld';
>         repository: 'github://seandenigris/SmallWorld:master/repository';
>         onConflict: [ :ex | ex allow ];
>         load.
>
> Browse senders of magritteDescription for classes prefixed with "Small".
>

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean

Re: Projects using Magritte meta models

Rafael Luque
Hi Sean,

Thank you for your answer.

I'm looking forward to read this project's code, however, when I try to load it following your instructions I get a ZnUnknownScheme when it is loading files from gitlab://SeanDeNigris/gitlab-smalltalk-ci:master/src:

ZnUrl>>enforceKnownScheme
ZnRequestLine>>uri:
ZnRequest>>url:
ZnClient>>url:
[ client := self httpClient.
client
ifFail: [ :exception |
(exception className beginsWith: 'Zn')
ifTrue: [ MCRepositoryError
signal: 'Could not access ' , self location , ': ' , exception printString ]
ifFalse: [ exception pass ] ];
url: self locationWithTrailingSlash;
queryAt: 'C' put: 'M;O=D';
"legacy that some servers maybe expect"
get.

Thank you!

Rafael Luque wrote
> I wonder if there are other relevant projects I could study to discover
> other possible
> uses cases of Magritte.

I use it in nearly all my personal projects, almost always via Morphic, not
Seaside. Here is a public one you can have a look at:
https://github.com/seandenigris/Small-World

Load in Pharo 6.1 via:
    Metacello new
        baseline: 'SmallWorld';
        repository: 'github://seandenigris/SmallWorld:master/repository';
        onConflict: [ :ex | ex allow ];
        load.

Browse senders of magritteDescription for classes prefixed with "Small".

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Projects using Magritte meta models

Rafael Luque
Stef,

I've sent a pull request via GitHub with my reviews:

Cool I will have a look when I go back to Magritte
Rafael if you see mistake in the booklet please report them to me.
I will do a pass in a couple of weeks I hope

On Sat, Apr 21, 2018 at 4:07 AM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Rafael Luque wrote
>> I wonder if there are other relevant projects I could study to discover
>> other possible
>> uses cases of Magritte.
>
> I use it in nearly all my personal projects, almost always via Morphic, not
> Seaside. Here is a public one you can have a look at:
> https://github.com/seandenigris/Small-World
>
> Load in Pharo 6.1 via:
>     Metacello new
>         baseline: 'SmallWorld';
>         repository: 'github://seandenigris/SmallWorld:master/repository';
>         onConflict: [ :ex | ex allow ];
>         load.
>
> Browse senders of magritteDescription for classes prefixed with "Small".
>

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean

Re: Projects using Magritte meta models

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Rafael Luque wrote
> gitlab://… ZnUrl>>enforceKnownScheme

I think you have to do `Iceberg enableMetacelloIntegration: true.` first to
get gitlab:// URLs to work…

-----
Cheers,
Sean