Promote Moose-Hismo as a project

CyrilFerlicot
Hi,

Currently ConfigurationOfFamix loads the packages `Moose-Hismo`,
`Moose-HismoImporter` and `Moose-Tests-HismoImporter`.

I have the impression that this should be its own project and that it
should not be in the ConfigurationOfFamix. Thus I propose to create a
ConfigurationOfHismo and to reference it in ConfigurationOfMoose.

Any objection?

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

http://www.synectique.eu
2 rue Jacques Prévert 01,
59650 Villeneuve d'ascq France

Re: Promote Moose-Hismo as a project

Stephan Eggermont-3

On 23-09-17 23:17, Cyril Ferlicot D. wrote:
> Hi, Currently ConfigurationOfFamix loads the packages `Moose-Hismo`,
> `Moose-HismoImporter` and `Moose-Tests-HismoImporter`. I have the
> impression that this should be its own project and that it should not
> be in the ConfigurationOfFamix. Thus I propose to create a
> ConfigurationOfHismo and to reference it in ConfigurationOfMoose. Any
> objection?

It does not make much sense to have a separate Hismo project as long as
there is no separate development for it. In metacello terms it should be
a group.

Stephan

Re: Promote Moose-Hismo as a project

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

I disagree :).

Groups are very difficult to manage in the long run and I did not see a tool that make it easier. On the other hand, I can manage dependencies in a simple graph view and it scales well.

Cheers,
Doru

> On Sep 23, 2017, at 11:29 PM, stephan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> On 23-09-17 23:17, Cyril Ferlicot D. wrote:
>> Hi, Currently ConfigurationOfFamix loads the packages `Moose-Hismo`, `Moose-HismoImporter` and `Moose-Tests-HismoImporter`. I have the impression that this should be its own project and that it should not be in the ConfigurationOfFamix. Thus I propose to create a ConfigurationOfHismo and to reference it in ConfigurationOfMoose. Any objection?
>
> It does not make much sense to have a separate Hismo project as long as there is no separate development for it. In metacello terms it should be a group.
>
> Stephan

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Being happy is a matter of choice."