Promote new Pharo 7 VM (d952580)

alistairgrant
Hi Esteban and Everyone,

I would like to request we start the process for promoting a new Pharo 7
VM.  d952580 (vmLatest as I write this) has two changes that I'm
looking forward to:

- Fix path encoding / decoding on OSX
  Hopefully this will finally allow me to submit the File Attributes
  changes (fogbugz 18279[1] & 21368[2]).
- Add primitiveChangeMode(), primitiveChangeOwner() and
  primitiveSymlinkChangeOwner()
  This will allow Pharo to set file owner & group IDs and posix
  permissions on Unix platforms (Linux & OSX).

Other changes include:

- stdio is flagged correctly on Windows
- Windows 64 bit work
- fflush added to sqFileTruncate()
- Eliot's work on Cog
- Everything else I've missed :-) (sorry to those authors)

Running the automated test suite on Linux 32 bit, Linux 64 bit and
Windows 32 bit produces basically the same set of failures with the
current stable VM and the proposed VM.

[1] https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/18279/isSymlink-seems-to-be-broken-on-Linux
[2] https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/21368/Integrate-FileAttributesPlugin

Thanks,
Alistair

Re: Promote new Pharo 7 VM (d952580)

EstebanLM
Hi,

I’m currently in holidays, I will start the process next monday :)

Esteban

> On 30 Aug 2018, at 10:38, Alistair Grant <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Esteban and Everyone,
>
> I would like to request we start the process for promoting a new Pharo 7
> VM.  d952580 (vmLatest as I write this) has two changes that I'm
> looking forward to:
>
> - Fix path encoding / decoding on OSX
>  Hopefully this will finally allow me to submit the File Attributes
>  changes (fogbugz 18279[1] & 21368[2]).
> - Add primitiveChangeMode(), primitiveChangeOwner() and
>  primitiveSymlinkChangeOwner()
>  This will allow Pharo to set file owner & group IDs and posix
>  permissions on Unix platforms (Linux & OSX).
>

> Other changes include:
>
> - stdio is flagged correctly on Windows
> - Windows 64 bit work
> - fflush added to sqFileTruncate()
> - Eliot's work on Cog
> - Everything else I've missed :-) (sorry to those authors)
>

> Running the automated test suite on Linux 32 bit, Linux 64 bit and
> Windows 32 bit produces basically the same set of failures with the
> current stable VM and the proposed VM.
>
> [1] https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/18279/isSymlink-seems-to-be-broken-on-Linux
> [2] https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/21368/Integrate-FileAttributesPlugin
>

> Thanks,
> Alistair

Re: Promote new Pharo 7 VM (d952580)

alistairgrant
Hi Esteban,

I've found a UTF8 coding issue on Windows in the plugin.  I'll have to
resolve that, so no hurry on the release now (I'll also update
FileSystemTest>>testFileNames so it is covered).

Sorry for the noise.

Thanks,
Alistair