Promote new Pharo 7 VM?

alistairgrant
Hi Esteban,

Would you consider promoting a new Pharo 7 VM?

140ff02 should finally solve an issue I've had with time zones and DST
on Windows in the FileAttributesPlugin.

Testing I've done on this VM:

- Loaded up and used my normal dev environment.
- Run the full automated test suite on:
-- Linux 64 bit
-- Linux 32 bit
-- Win 32 bit

In each case the set of failures in my environment roughly aligns with
the current stable VM and the proposed one.

I guess if anyone else has any objections they'll reply to this. :-)

Of course, if you've got any questions or concerns, please let me know.

In case it is useful for anyone, download links are:

Linux 64 bit: http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur64/linux/pharo-linux-x86_64threaded-201806171702-140ff02.zip
Linux 32 bit: http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur32/linux/pharo-linux-i386threaded-201806171702-140ff02.zip
Mac 64 bit:
- http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur64/mac/pharo-mac-x86_64-201806171702-140ff02.dmg
- http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur64/mac/pharo-mac-x86_64-201806171702-140ff02.zip
Mac 32 bit:
- http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur32/mac/pharo-mac-i386-201806171702-140ff02.dmg
- http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur32/mac/pharo-mac-i386-201806171702-140ff02.zip
Win 32 bit: http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur32/win/pharo-win-i386-201806171702-140ff02.zip

Thanks!
Alistair

Re: Promote new Pharo 7 VM?

EstebanLM
yes, why not :)
but, remember the cycle:

1. two weeks in latest (that starts today)
2. one month in stable 7.0
3. promote to stable 6.1

yes, is annoying, but is the scheme has worked the better to avoid problems.

cheers,
Esteban

> On 18 Jun 2018, at 14:20, Alistair Grant <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Esteban,
>
> Would you consider promoting a new Pharo 7 VM?
>
> 140ff02 should finally solve an issue I've had with time zones and DST
> on Windows in the FileAttributesPlugin.
>
> Testing I've done on this VM:
>
> - Loaded up and used my normal dev environment.
> - Run the full automated test suite on:
> -- Linux 64 bit
> -- Linux 32 bit
> -- Win 32 bit
>
> In each case the set of failures in my environment roughly aligns with
> the current stable VM and the proposed one.
>
> I guess if anyone else has any objections they'll reply to this. :-)
>
> Of course, if you've got any questions or concerns, please let me know.
>
> In case it is useful for anyone, download links are:
>
> Linux 64 bit: http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur64/linux/pharo-linux-x86_64threaded-201806171702-140ff02.zip
> Linux 32 bit: http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur32/linux/pharo-linux-i386threaded-201806171702-140ff02.zip
> Mac 64 bit:
> - http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur64/mac/pharo-mac-x86_64-201806171702-140ff02.dmg
> - http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur64/mac/pharo-mac-x86_64-201806171702-140ff02.zip
> Mac 32 bit:
> - http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur32/mac/pharo-mac-i386-201806171702-140ff02.dmg
> - http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur32/mac/pharo-mac-i386-201806171702-140ff02.zip
> Win 32 bit: http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur32/win/pharo-win-i386-201806171702-140ff02.zip
>

> Thanks!
> Alistair

Re: Promote new Pharo 7 VM?

alistairgrant
Hi Esteban,

On Mon, 18 Jun 2018 at 23:15, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

> yes, why not :)

Thanks!

> but, remember the cycle:
>
> 1. two weeks in latest (that starts today)
> 2. one month in stable 7.0
> 3. promote to stable 6.1
>
> yes, is annoying, but is the scheme has worked the better to avoid problems.

No problem.

Thanks again,
Alistair

> > On 18 Jun 2018, at 14:20, Alistair Grant <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Esteban,
> >
> > Would you consider promoting a new Pharo 7 VM?
> >
> > 140ff02 should finally solve an issue I've had with time zones and DST
> > on Windows in the FileAttributesPlugin.
> >
> > Testing I've done on this VM:
> >
> > - Loaded up and used my normal dev environment.
> > - Run the full automated test suite on:
> > -- Linux 64 bit
> > -- Linux 32 bit
> > -- Win 32 bit
> >
> > In each case the set of failures in my environment roughly aligns with
> > the current stable VM and the proposed one.
> >
> > I guess if anyone else has any objections they'll reply to this. :-)
> >
> > Of course, if you've got any questions or concerns, please let me know.
> >
> > In case it is useful for anyone, download links are:
> >
> > Linux 64 bit: http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur64/linux/pharo-linux-x86_64threaded-201806171702-140ff02.zip
> > Linux 32 bit: http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur32/linux/pharo-linux-i386threaded-201806171702-140ff02.zip
> > Mac 64 bit:
> > - http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur64/mac/pharo-mac-x86_64-201806171702-140ff02.dmg
> > - http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur64/mac/pharo-mac-x86_64-201806171702-140ff02.zip
> > Mac 32 bit:
> > - http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur32/mac/pharo-mac-i386-201806171702-140ff02.dmg
> > - http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur32/mac/pharo-mac-i386-201806171702-140ff02.zip
> > Win 32 bit: http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur32/win/pharo-win-i386-201806171702-140ff02.zip
> >

> > Thanks!
> > Alistair

Re: Promote new Pharo 7 VM?

alistairgrant
Hi Esteban,

On Mon, 18 Jun 2018 at 23:15, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

> yes, why not :)
> but, remember the cycle:
>
> 1. two weeks in latest (that starts today)

Just a friendly reminder that the two weeks is done... :-)

Thanks,
Alistair

> 2. one month in stable 7.0
> 3. promote to stable 6.1
>
> yes, is annoying, but is the scheme has worked the better to avoid problems.
>
> cheers,
> Esteban
>
> > On 18 Jun 2018, at 14:20, Alistair Grant <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Esteban,
> >
> > Would you consider promoting a new Pharo 7 VM?
> >
> > 140ff02 should finally solve an issue I've had with time zones and DST
> > on Windows in the FileAttributesPlugin.
> >
> > Testing I've done on this VM:
> >
> > - Loaded up and used my normal dev environment.
> > - Run the full automated test suite on:
> > -- Linux 64 bit
> > -- Linux 32 bit
> > -- Win 32 bit
> >
> > In each case the set of failures in my environment roughly aligns with
> > the current stable VM and the proposed one.
> >
> > I guess if anyone else has any objections they'll reply to this. :-)
> >
> > Of course, if you've got any questions or concerns, please let me know.
> >
> > In case it is useful for anyone, download links are:
> >
> > Linux 64 bit: http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur64/linux/pharo-linux-x86_64threaded-201806171702-140ff02.zip
> > Linux 32 bit: http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur32/linux/pharo-linux-i386threaded-201806171702-140ff02.zip
> > Mac 64 bit:
> > - http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur64/mac/pharo-mac-x86_64-201806171702-140ff02.dmg
> > - http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur64/mac/pharo-mac-x86_64-201806171702-140ff02.zip
> > Mac 32 bit:
> > - http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur32/mac/pharo-mac-i386-201806171702-140ff02.dmg
> > - http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur32/mac/pharo-mac-i386-201806171702-140ff02.zip
> > Win 32 bit: http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur32/win/pharo-win-i386-201806171702-140ff02.zip
> >

> > Thanks!
> > Alistair

Re: Promote new Pharo 7 VM?

EstebanLM
you’re right :)

> On 3 Jul 2018, at 13:55, Alistair Grant <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Esteban,
>
> On Mon, 18 Jun 2018 at 23:15, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> yes, why not :)
>> but, remember the cycle:
>>
>> 1. two weeks in latest (that starts today)
>
> Just a friendly reminder that the two weeks is done... :-)
>
> Thanks,
> Alistair
>

>> 2. one month in stable 7.0
>> 3. promote to stable 6.1
>>
>> yes, is annoying, but is the scheme has worked the better to avoid problems.
>>
>> cheers,
>> Esteban
>>
>>> On 18 Jun 2018, at 14:20, Alistair Grant <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Esteban,
>>>
>>> Would you consider promoting a new Pharo 7 VM?
>>>
>>> 140ff02 should finally solve an issue I've had with time zones and DST
>>> on Windows in the FileAttributesPlugin.
>>>
>>> Testing I've done on this VM:
>>>
>>> - Loaded up and used my normal dev environment.
>>> - Run the full automated test suite on:
>>> -- Linux 64 bit
>>> -- Linux 32 bit
>>> -- Win 32 bit
>>>
>>> In each case the set of failures in my environment roughly aligns with
>>> the current stable VM and the proposed one.
>>>
>>> I guess if anyone else has any objections they'll reply to this. :-)
>>>
>>> Of course, if you've got any questions or concerns, please let me know.
>>>
>>> In case it is useful for anyone, download links are:
>>>
>>> Linux 64 bit: http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur64/linux/pharo-linux-x86_64threaded-201806171702-140ff02.zip
>>> Linux 32 bit: http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur32/linux/pharo-linux-i386threaded-201806171702-140ff02.zip
>>> Mac 64 bit:
>>> - http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur64/mac/pharo-mac-x86_64-201806171702-140ff02.dmg
>>> - http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur64/mac/pharo-mac-x86_64-201806171702-140ff02.zip
>>> Mac 32 bit:
>>> - http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur32/mac/pharo-mac-i386-201806171702-140ff02.dmg
>>> - http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur32/mac/pharo-mac-i386-201806171702-140ff02.zip
>>> Win 32 bit: http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur32/win/pharo-win-i386-201806171702-140ff02.zip
>>>

>>> Thanks!
>>> Alistair

Re: Promote new Pharo 7 VM?

alistairgrant
Hi Esteban,

On Wed, 4 Jul 2018 at 10:08, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

> you’re right :)

Thanks for promoting the VM!

Just a question about the release process:

The VM I requested be promoted two weeks ago was dated June 17, hash 140ff02.

The VM you promoted is dated June 28, hash a8a1dc1.  So it obviously
hasn't been there for the two week period.

Is this what you intended, or should 140ff02 have been released now,
and a8a1dc1 next week?

I'm not suggesting you pull the VM, I've been using it for the last 6
days without any problems, and there have been successful CI builds
today, I'm just trying to confirm my understanding.

Thanks again,
Alistair

> > On 3 Jul 2018, at 13:55, Alistair Grant <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Esteban,
> >
> > On Mon, 18 Jun 2018 at 23:15, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> yes, why not :)
> >> but, remember the cycle:
> >>
> >> 1. two weeks in latest (that starts today)
> >
> > Just a friendly reminder that the two weeks is done... :-)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Alistair
> >

> >> 2. one month in stable 7.0
> >> 3. promote to stable 6.1
> >>
> >> yes, is annoying, but is the scheme has worked the better to avoid problems.
> >>
> >> cheers,
> >> Esteban

Re: Promote new Pharo 7 VM?

EstebanLM

> On 4 Jul 2018, at 17:06, Alistair Grant <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Esteban,
>
> On Wed, 4 Jul 2018 at 10:08, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> you’re right :)
>
> Thanks for promoting the VM!
>
> Just a question about the release process:
>
> The VM I requested be promoted two weeks ago was dated June 17, hash 140ff02.
>
> The VM you promoted is dated June 28, hash a8a1dc1.  So it obviously
> hasn't been there for the two week period.
>
> Is this what you intended, or should 140ff02 have been released now,
> and a8a1dc1 next week?
>
> I'm not suggesting you pull the VM, I've been using it for the last 6
> days without any problems, and there have been successful CI builds
> today, I'm just trying to confirm my understanding.

ouch.
I made a mistake, obviously (I was distracted when checking the reference)
but ok, let's roll with it.  :P

stable for 6.1 will be this one too (when validated).

cheers,
Esteban