Promoting Canol's book?

Nicolas Petton
Hi,

I just finished Canol's book "Computer Programming using GNU Smalltalk",
and I thought, what about adding a link and a nice picture on the front
page of GST's website?

Cheers!

Nico

Re: Promoting Canol's book?

Paolo Bonzini-2
On 02/13/2010 10:28 PM, Nicolas Petton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just finished Canol's book "Computer Programming using GNU Smalltalk",
> and I thought, what about adding a link and a nice picture on the front
> page of GST's website?

Yeah, can be done!  Any ideas on exactly where to place it?

2) Menu

3) News item

4) Sticky news item

I'd tend on 1/2 and maybe 3.

Paolo

Re: Promoting Canol's book?

Nicolas Petton
Le samedi 13 février 2010 à 22:29 +0100, Paolo Bonzini a écrit :

> On 02/13/2010 10:28 PM, Nicolas Petton wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just finished Canol's book "Computer Programming using GNU Smalltalk",
> > and I thought, what about adding a link and a nice picture on the front
> > page of GST's website?
>
> Yeah, can be done!  Any ideas on exactly where to place it?

> 2) Menu
>
> 3) News item
>
> 4) Sticky news item
>
> I'd tend on 1/2 and maybe 3.
I would place it on the left sidebar, after the menu.

Nico

Re: Promoting Canol's book?

kaveman
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Promoting Canol's book?

Nicolas Petton
Le dimanche 14 février 2010 à 03:27 +0530, Krishna a écrit :

> On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 2:59 AM, Paolo Bonzini <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On 02/13/2010 10:28 PM, Nicolas Petton wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I just finished Canol's book "Computer Programming using GNU Smalltalk",
> >> and I thought, what about adding a link and a nice picture on the front
> >> page of GST's website?
> >
> > Yeah, can be done!  Any ideas on exactly where to place it?

> How about moving the "Books" section in Documentation page to its own
> page and add it there?
Yes, that could be good too. Still, I think adding the book on the front
page would be better so people won't miss it.

Cheers!

Nico

Re: Promoting Canol's book?

ZuLuuuuuu
Nicolas Petton wrote
Hi,

I just finished Canol's book "Computer Programming using GNU Smalltalk",
and I thought, what about adding a link and a nice picture on the front
page of GST's website?

Cheers!
Thanks for bringing up such an idea. A structure like:

 o Documentation
   - Tutorials
   - Books
   - Reference Manual

is usually what people look for, I guess. So my vote is to place it under Documentation/Books.
Canol Gökel

Re: Promoting Canol's book?

MrGwen
On Sunday 14 February 2010 09:55:01 am ZuLuuuuuu wrote:

> Nicolas Petton wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just finished Canol's book "Computer Programming using GNU Smalltalk",
> > and I thought, what about adding a link and a nice picture on the front
> > page of GST's website?
> >
> > Cheers!
>
> Thanks for bringing up such an idea. A structure like:
>
>  o Documentation
>    - Tutorials
>    - Books
>    - Reference Manual
>
> is usually what people look for, I guess. So my vote is to place it under
> Documentation/Books.

Yes very good since we can add smalltalk, gtk or iliad tutorials inside

Gwen