Promotion of Jerome Peace as core-developer Re: [squeak-dev] Squeaking up for "'click' sound play"

Promotion of Jerome Peace as core-developer Re: [squeak-dev] Squeaking up for "'click' sound play"

Igor Stasenko
Hello,
i just found that Jerome is not a core-dev!!
That's a bit funny, since i remember Jerome being here at the times
when i first came here
and his continuous service as a main person who watching over Mantis
deserves an adequate
appraisement by the community.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: Promotion of Jerome Peace as core-developer Re: [squeak-dev] Squeaking up for "'click' sound play"

Edgar De Cleene

On 4/14/10 7:31 AM, "Igor Stasenko" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
> i just found that Jerome is not a core-dev!!
> That's a bit funny, since i remember Jerome being here at the times
> when i first came here
> and his continuous service as a main person who watching over Mantis
> deserves an adequate
> appraisement by the community.

He deserves credit for his long support.

Edgar

Re: Promotion of Jerome Peace as core-developer Re: [squeak-dev] Squeaking up for "'click' sound play"

Bert Freudenberg
On 14.04.2010, at 16:42, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> On 4/14/10 7:31 AM, "Igor Stasenko" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> i just found that Jerome is not a core-dev!!
>> That's a bit funny, since i remember Jerome being here at the times
>> when i first came here
>> and his continuous service as a main person who watching over Mantis
>> deserves an adequate
>> appraisement by the community.
>
> He deserves credit for his long support.
>
> Edgar

Jerome got an invitation to become core developer in July last year along with all the others in the "first round". He has not accepted it yet. But the invitation still stands, he only needs to create an account on source.squeak.org and let us know about it.

- Bert -

On 14 April 2010 18:06, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 14.04.2010, at 16:42, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
>>

>> On 4/14/10 7:31 AM, "Igor Stasenko" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> i just found that Jerome is not a core-dev!!
>>> That's a bit funny, since i remember Jerome being here at the times
>>> when i first came here
>>> and his continuous service as a main person who watching over Mantis
>>> deserves an adequate
>>> appraisement by the community.
>>
>> He deserves credit for his long support.
>>
>> Edgar
>

> Jerome got an invitation to become core developer in July last year along with all the others in the "first round". He has not accepted it yet. But the invitation still stands, he only needs to create an account on source.squeak.org and let us know about it.

Oh, then its up to Jerome, i guess.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

On 14.04.2010, at 17:13, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> On 14 April 2010 18:06, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> He deserves credit for his long support.
>>>
>>> Edgar
>>

>> Jerome got an invitation to become core developer in July last year along with all the others in the "first round". He has not accepted it yet. But the invitation still stands, he only needs to create an account on source.squeak.org and let us know about it.
>>

> Oh, then its up to Jerome, i guess.

It is.

Jerome: It would still be a good idea to start with contributing stuff to the inbox, just to get to know the routine. And controversial changes should be discussed on list beforehand, use your own judgment, as everyone else :)

- Bert -