Properties of embeded ActiveX control?

Christopher J. Demers
I have a visual ActiveX control I am trying to use in Dolphin.  In VB I can
get to the control's properties sheet via a "Properties..." item on the
context menu.  In the Dolphin view composer I just get the normal Dolphin
context menu.  I can get the property dialog if I send self
editControlProperties to the view.  Shouldn't there be some easier way to do
this in the view composer UI?  Am I missing something?

Chris

Re: Properties of embeded ActiveX control?

Blair McGlashan
Chris

You wrote in message news:9m1i5g$bkekc$[hidden email]...
> I have a visual ActiveX control I am trying to use in Dolphin.  In VB I
can
> get to the control's properties sheet via a "Properties..." item on the
> context menu.  In the Dolphin view composer I just get the normal Dolphin
> context menu.  I can get the property dialog if I send self
> editControlProperties to the view.  Shouldn't there be some easier way to
do
> this in the view composer UI?  Am I missing something?

Yes, just double click on the AX controls 'self' entry in the published
aspect inspector tree and the property dialog will be opened. It will also
expand/collapse the sub-aspects unfortunately, but that is a relatively
minor inconvenience.

This will be better integrated in the next version of Dolphin, in particular
we are working on exposing all the controls properties as appropriate types
of 'aspects' in the PAI (e.g. the enumerated types will be represented as
choice lists that display the 'friendly' strings as in VB's drop-downs in
its property inspector) below the controlDispatch entry. There should also
be a context menu entry to open the property dialog.

Regards

Blair