ProtectedProductSerialNumber decodingKey

ProtectedProductSerialNumber decodingKey

Sergei Gnezdov-2
Hi,

Example in MyCompanySerialNumber says that THIS METHOD SHOULD BE
REMOVED BEFORE DEPLOYMENT.

When I created my own classes based on Protected Scribble example and
removed the decodingKey method deployment process complained with the
following error message:
****
* The following error occurred while stripping.
* The image MUST exit immediately, but see crash dump (if configured).
*
* #decodingKey is the responsibility of the subclass.
****
If I don't remove the #decodingKey deployment succeeds.
So, should I or should not I remove decodingKey from the image before
deployment?

Thank you

Re: ProtectedProductSerialNumber decodingKey

Chris Uppal-3
Sergei Gnezdov wrote:

> If I don't remove the #decodingKey deployment succeeds.
> So, should I or should not I remove decodingKey from the image before
> deployment?

It should be done for you. See
ProtectedProductSessionManager>>initializeFromSessionManager:

You can verify that it isn't included by checking the deployment log.

    -- chris