Public repository access slowed down?

Joachim Geidel
I have the impression that replicating code to and from the public
repository has slowed down for some weeks. Of course, this may have many
different reasons - problems of my internet provider, my upgrades to the
latest versions of StoreGlorp, or something else, but it might also be a
problem of the server. Am I the only one experiencing a slowdown, or is
it a general problem?

Best regards,
Joachim Geidel

Re: Public repository access slowed down?

Alan Knight-2
I've been seeing the public repository be significantly slower over the last several months. It used to be that it was significantly faster to get to the public store (which is in Cincinnati) than to the internal Cincom database in California. But the last while that's been reersed. I don't know what's responsible, if it's approaching limits on disk size, or on database capacity (it's on quite an old version of Postgresql), or if it's just being bogged down because of all the blogs and such on the same server/net. We've asked our sysadmin to look at upgrading the database version, but it's not been a top-priority task, and it's not at all sure that that would make a significant difference.

--
Alan Knight [|], Cincom Smalltalk Development

"The Static Typing Philosophy: Make it fast. Make it right. Make it run." - Niall Ross