Pulling Web XML data into spreadsheet

Ben Coman
Unfortunately due to IT lock down I cannot use Pharo at work,
but the first 1:30 of video [1] demonstrates a nice use case to aim for DataFrame + FastTable.
Similar functionality in Pharo would make a compelling video, to the degree it may even be worthwhile including this out-of-the-box to make a great "first ten minutes" experience for newcomers, or at least a one-click install from the catalog (linked from the help file).

What parts do we have for putting together something like this?

cheers -ben

Re: Pulling Web XML data into spreadsheet

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Ben Coman wrote
> Unfortunately due to IT lock down I cannot use Pharo at work,

Not even off a jump drive?

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Sean

Re: Pulling Web XML data into spreadsheet

Ben Coman

On Sat, Oct 7, 2017 at 9:32 AM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ben Coman wrote
> Unfortunately due to IT lock down I cannot use Pharo at work,

Not even off a jump drive?

Nope.  You prompted me to try once again ==> This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator.

Even renaming pharo.exe to notepad.exe doesn't work.
It seems they are using signature based white-listing[1].
From an Ops security perspective I applaud such policy.  First place I've seen it used.  Its the only real protection.  Much better than a virus scanner which only maybePossibly notices based on heuristics observing behaviour after the malware is already running.
From a practical/user perspective, uurgh,aarggh!

cheers -ben

Re: Pulling Web XML data into spreadsheet

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Ben Coman wrote
> Nope.