Puzzle - I can't get rid of a prerequisite

Puzzle - I can't get rid of a prerequisite

Long Haired David

Hi there. I was recently completing an Open university degree with a project using a Riak key/value database. I was subsequently asked to build a web site for a friend. This I did using Seaside and, as I wanted to use Riak again, I used a lot of my OU code. However, this has been causing a few issues (it was never meant to be external code - just for the markers of the unit).

I have spent some time getting rid of all of the dependencies and there are no more left in the code. However, I can't get rid of one of the OU applications as it shows up as a prerequisite as this:

The pre-req is in brackets and the << is greyed so I cant get rid of it. Can anyone explain what I have missed here?

David
Totally Objects
Doing Smalltalk since 1989

Re: Puzzle - I can't get rid of a prerequisite

SebastianHC
Hi David,

there is usually always at least one prerequisite for your application and that is the "Kernel" or if your app has UI it might be at least "AbtRunViewsApp".

What happens if you add the Kernel, or AbtRunViewsApp, to the list of immidiate prerequisites? Can you now remove the TM470Management application?

Cheers!
Sebastian

Am 03.06.2018 um 07:47 schrieb Totally Objects:
Hi there. I was recently completing an Open university degree with a project using a Riak key/value database. I was subsequently asked to build a web site for a friend. This I did using Seaside and, as I wanted to use Riak again, I used a lot of my OU code. However, this has been causing a few issues (it was never meant to be external code - just for the markers of the unit).

I have spent some time getting rid of all of the dependencies and there are no more left in the code. However, I can't get rid of one of the OU applications as it shows up as a prerequisite as this:

The pre-req is in brackets and the << is greyed so I cant get rid of it. Can anyone explain what I have missed here?

Re: Puzzle - I can't get rid of a prerequisite

jtuchel
I guess you already tried the "Explain mismatched Prerequisites" menu items and friends to find out why?
What did they tell you in the Transcript?

Am Sonntag, 3. Juni 2018 16:47:50 UTC+2 schrieb Totally Objects:

Hi there. I was recently completing an Open university degree with a project using a Riak key/value database. I was subsequently asked to build a web site for a friend. This I did using Seaside and, as I wanted to use Riak again, I used a lot of my OU code. However, this has been causing a few issues (it was never meant to be external code - just for the markers of the unit).

I have spent some time getting rid of all of the dependencies and there are no more left in the code. However, I can't get rid of one of the OU applications as it shows up as a prerequisite as this:

The pre-req is in brackets and the << is greyed so I cant get rid of it. Can anyone explain what I have missed here?

Re: Puzzle - I can't get rid of a prerequisite

John O'Keefe-3
David -

There is a reference to something in TM470Management application being held somewhere in the system. Perhaps it is in a dependency registry or some other artifact. If you try to unload TM470Management, the system may give you a clue - something like 'TM470Management cannot be unloaded because ...'.

John

On Sunday, June 3, 2018 at 10:47:50 AM UTC-4, Totally Objects wrote:

Hi there. I was recently completing an Open university degree with a project using a Riak key/value database. I was subsequently asked to build a web site for a friend. This I did using Seaside and, as I wanted to use Riak again, I used a lot of my OU code. However, this has been causing a few issues (it was never meant to be external code - just for the markers of the unit).

I have spent some time getting rid of all of the dependencies and there are no more left in the code. However, I can't get rid of one of the OU applications as it shows up as a prerequisite as this:

<a style="margin-right: 1em; margin-left: 1em;" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-dXGbjQ2QSNk/WxP_S5pokNI/AAAAAAAAAGk/y4_N26cKYK8nur5lDO3_MORcGECLq3pNgCLcBGAs/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2018-06-03%2Bat%2B15.39.13.png&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-dXGbjQ2QSNk/WxP_S5pokNI/AAAAAAAAAGk/y4_N26cKYK8nur5lDO3_MORcGECLq3pNgCLcBGAs/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2018-06-03%2Bat%2B15.39.13.png&#39;;return true;" href="https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-dXGbjQ2QSNk/WxP_S5pokNI/AAAAAAAAAGk/y4_N26cKYK8nur5lDO3_MORcGECLq3pNgCLcBGAs/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2018-06-03%2Bat%2B15.39.13.png" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">

The pre-req is in brackets and the << is greyed so I cant get rid of it. Can anyone explain what I have missed here?