Q: CardContainer in View Composer

Andreas Wacknitz
I have tried to create a dialog box with a CardContainer. I was not able to
find a resource for it in the View Composer's Resource Browser.
All I was able to do, was to drop a GroupBox and mutated it into a
CardContainer via the "Mutate View" context menu entry.
I guess that this is not the proposed way to create a CardContainer.
So what am I missing?

Best regards,
Andreas

Re: CardContainer in View Composer

Ian Bartholomew-18
Andreas,

> I have tried to create a dialog box with a CardContainer. I was not
> able to find a resource for it in the View Composer's Resource
> Browser.

'tis there.  Look for the resource named Presenter>>Card container

--
Ian

Ian Bartholomew wrote:

> Andreas,
>
>> I have tried to create a dialog box with a CardContainer. I was not
>> able to find a resource for it in the View Composer's Resource
>> Browser.
>
> 'tis there.  Look for the resource named Presenter>>Card container

Ok,
with your help I was able to find it :)
Tanks a lot!

Re: CardContainer in View Composer

Christopher J. Demers
"Ian Bartholomew" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:jfwZa.1005$[hidden email]...
> Andreas,
>
> > I have tried to create a dialog box with a CardContainer. I was not
> > able to find a resource for it in the View Composer's Resource
> > Browser.
>
> 'tis there.  Look for the resource named Presenter>>Card container

Unfortunately the resource browser in the view composer is not very friendly
if you don't know how the view you want to insert is implemented.  I would
really like to see this improved in future versions.  I think it needs some
classification to help people find the kind of resource they are looking for
and to make common resources faster to get at.  Also, I suspect that few
people frequently need to add a ShellView or DialogView to an existing
ShellView or DialogView. ;)  I think it could use some filtering.  If OA
does not have enhancement plans for this area I may be tempted to develop a
goodie.

OA: What are the plans here?

Chris

Re: CardContainer in View Composer

Andy Bower-2
Christopher,

> Unfortunately the resource browser in the view composer is not very
friendly
> if you don't know how the view you want to insert is implemented.  I would
> really like to see this improved in future versions.  I think it needs
some
> classification to help people find the kind of resource they are looking
for
> and to make common resources faster to get at.  Also, I suspect that few
> people frequently need to add a ShellView or DialogView to an existing
> ShellView or DialogView. ;)  I think it could use some filtering.  If OA
> does not have enhancement plans for this area I may be tempted to develop
> goodie.
>
> OA: What are the plans here?

We do have plans to improve the Resource Browser in the near future. I quite
agree; the existing interface borders on the atrocious!

Best Regards,

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
http://www.object-arts.com