[Q]ContextFrames

Ingo Blank-3
Hi all,

I know this was addressed before, but I neither can remember the solution
nor can I find the appropriate thread in the archive.
All I can remember is, that it has to do with ContextFrames...

So here it is again:

Q: How can I determine the name of a method at runtime?

aClass>>aMethod

self whatIsMyName "should answer aClass>>aMethod"

Thank you very much
Ingo

Re: [Q]ContextFrames

Dmitry Zamotkin-3
Hi, Ingo

"Ingo Blank" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:3b563b43$0$140$[hidden email]...

> Hi all,
>
> I know this was addressed before, but I neither can remember the solution
> nor can I find the appropriate thread in the archive.
> All I can remember is, that it has to do with ContextFrames...
>
> So here it is again:
>
> Q: How can I determine the name of a method at runtime?
>
> aClass>>aMethod
>
> self whatIsMyName "should answer aClass>>aMethod"

The answer is:

aClass>>aMethod
    | whatIsMyName |
    whatIsMyName := Processor activeProcess topFrame method displayString

> Thank you very much
> Ingo

Not at all,
Dmitry