[Q] Rendering Unicode String

Chun, Sungjin
Hi,

I'm currently learning seaside using tutorials in seaside site. Now,
I've encountered problems in rendering unicode string(korean). I've
used heading: method in renderContentOn: method. The arguments are
WideString with value of '한글' (this means korean alphabet) it
displayed correctly with System Browser and I can read/write this
string from/to file as UTF-8 without problem. But my seaside
application, "hello", does not work; actually it  casts html to
browser only some first part. If I remove '한글' from
renderContentOn: or replace it with english string like 'Korean', it
works again. Can anyone let me know the process of rendering(the
methods/classes and etc) so that I can track this bug?

Thanks in advance.

PS)
Funny thing is that if I edit this method using Web Browser which
means using seaside's Web Based System Browser, it can display '한
글' without problem, but this time I only get some unreadable string
in Squeak's SystemBrowser._______________________________________________
Seaside mailing list

Re: [Q] Rendering Unicode String

Avi  Bryant

On Feb 18, 2006, at 7:17 AM, Sungjin Chun wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently learning seaside using tutorials in seaside site.
> Now, I've encountered problems in rendering unicode string(korean).
> I've used heading: method in renderContentOn: method. The arguments
> are WideString with value of '한글' (this means korean alphabet)
> it displayed correctly with System Browser and I can read/write
> this string from/to file as UTF-8 without problem. But my seaside
> application, "hello", does not work; actually it  casts html to
> browser only some first part. If I remove '한글' from
> renderContentOn: or replace it with english string like 'Korean',
> it works again. Can anyone let me know the process of rendering(the
> methods/classes and etc) so that I can track this bug?
>
> Thanks in advance.

If you aren't already, try using "WAEncodedKom startOn: 9090" instead
of "WAKom startOn: 9090".  This will do the proper conversions to and
from UTF-8 from WideString.

Seaside mailing list