[Q] Running Scriptaculous Example

Chun, Sungjin
Hi,

I'm running/testing Scriptaculous example application and every
example runs well except auto completion one. Actually I cannot find
what data should I type to see it working. Can anyone let me know on
this?

Thanks in advance.

Re: [Q] Running Scriptaculous Example

Lukas Renggli
Hi,

> I'm running/testing Scriptaculous example application and every
> example runs well except auto completion one. Actually I cannot find
> what data should I type to see it working. Can anyone let me know on
> this?

try typing some Smalltalk class name, such as "Object". Have a look at
the implementation and you will see that it is just iterating over all
Smalltalk class names "Smalltalk allClasses".

I am currently trying to get all (or at least most) parts of the
latest Scriptaculous library working with Seaside, especially
drag&drop, sortables, autocompletion, in-place-editing, etc. Moreover
I am writing some (manual) tests and small demos with basically two
goals: (1) I want to ensure that all the functionality works (some
things such as "Insert" were broken for a long time) and (2) to give a
couple of examples to get beginners started (personally I found it
very tricky to understand how to use it in the beginning).

Note that the latest versions I committed might be incomplete and/or
unstable, e.g. drag&drop doesn't properly work yet. I am currently
looking for a good Smalltalk interface, a direct 1:1 mapping from the
prototype library doesn't do the trick.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [Q] Running Scriptaculous Example

Damien Cassou-3
> I'm running/testing Scriptaculous example application and every example
> runs well except auto completion one. Actually I cannot find what data
> should I type to see it working. Can anyone let me know on this?

Since I had exactly the same problem, I wrote a line to explain what to
do. So, load the last Scriptaculous from monticello and you will see an
explanation about what to type.

--
Damien Cassou

Re: [Q] Running Scriptaculous Example

Damien Cassou-3
> Note that the latest versions I committed might be incomplete and/or
> unstable, e.g. drag&drop doesn't properly work yet. I am currently
> looking for a good Smalltalk interface, a direct 1:1 mapping from the
> prototype library doesn't do the trick.

drag&drop works for me with Firefox 1.5.0.1

--
Damien Cassou