[Q] Seaside2.6b1-129mb problem

Chun, Sungjin

Run BASIC, a Seaside app

Carl Gundel
Hey all,

I thought you would be interested in a Seaside app that went online very
recently.  Me and my partner Scott McLaughlin built this app in our spare
time over about 8 months (approximately one working day per week).  Run
BASIC is built on top of Liberty BASIC, so the code to support the language
already existed, but the webification of it was what we spent those 8 months
on.  We actually had an extremely simple prototype working in less than 4
hours once we decided to give it a try.

  http://www.runbasic.com

-Carl Gundel, author of Liberty BASIC
http://www.libertybasic.com

Re: Run BASIC, a Seaside app

Damien Cassou-3
Carl Gundel a écrit :

> Hey all,
>
> I thought you would be interested in a Seaside app that went online very
> recently.  Me and my partner Scott McLaughlin built this app in our
> spare time over about 8 months (approximately one working day per
> week).  Run BASIC is built on top of Liberty BASIC, so the code to
> support the language already existed, but the webification of it was
> what we spent those 8 months on.  We actually had an extremely simple
> prototype working in less than 4 hours once we decided to give it a try.
>
>  http://www.runbasic.com

Hi Carl,

very cool, I like your work. You may want to advertise Seaside a bit,
with a small logo for example.

It may be interesting to have a link to runbasic.com from the Seaside
website.

--
Damien Cassou

Re: Run BASIC, a Seaside app

Carl Gundel
I should also mention that this Seaside app is built on VisualWorks.

-Carl

> I thought you would be interested in a Seaside app that went online very
> recently.  Me and my partner Scott McLaughlin built this app in our spare
> time over about 8 months (approximately one working day per week).  Run
> BASIC is built on top of Liberty BASIC, so the code to support the
> language already existed, but the webification of it was what we spent
> those 8 months on.  We actually had an extremely simple prototype working
> in less than 4 hours once we decided to give it a try.
>
>  http://www.runbasic.com
>
> -Carl Gundel, author of Liberty BASIC
> http://www.libertybasic.com

RE: [Q] Seaside2.6b1-129mb problem

Bany, Michel

> after loading 129mb version, I cannot access to config
> application. The browser only diaplys:
>
> HTTP/1.0 401 WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="/seaside/config"
>
> Can anyone help me fixing(!) this problem?

Hi Sungjin,
I cannot repeat this. I would suspect something wrong with your browser.
The 401 response is normal and the browser should display a prompt for
user and password rather than all these low level details.
HTH
Michel.

Re: [Q] Seaside2.6b1-129mb problem

Chun, Sungjin

Re: Run BASIC, a Seaside app

David T. Lewis
On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 11:41:49AM -0500, Carl Gundel wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I thought you would be interested in a Seaside app that went online very
> recently.  Me and my partner Scott McLaughlin built this app in our spare
> time over about 8 months (approximately one working day per week).  Run
> BASIC is built on top of Liberty BASIC, so the code to support the language
> already existed, but the webification of it was what we spent those 8
> months on.  We actually had an extremely simple prototype working in less
> than 4 hours once we decided to give it a try.
>
>  http://www.runbasic.com

Really nice. I hope you get a good response to the site.

Dave