Q: is there a way to get the classes referenced by a class?

Q: is there a way to get the classes referenced by a class?

EstebanLM
Hi,
I'm trying to get a "dependency map" of a certain project (playing with
pavel's kernel image, I'm trying to figure out how to feed it with all
needed dependences).
What I'm doing now is very inneficient (usign #allCallsOn and reversing
the search), and I'm sure there should be something better...

Thanks,
Esteban

Re: Q: is there a way to get the classes referenced by a class?

Miguel Cobá
El lun, 01-03-2010 a las 15:58 -0300, Esteban Lorenzano escribió:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to get a "dependency map" of a certain project (playing with
> pavel's kernel image, I'm trying to figure out how to feed it with all
> needed dependences).
> What I'm doing now is very inneficient (usign #allCallsOn and reversing
> the search), and I'm sure there should be something better...
>
> Thanks,
> Esteban

Check this thread:

It hast tools from Lukas and from Hernán Morales

Cheers
--
Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: Q: is there a way to get the classes referenced by a class?

EstebanLM
which one?

On 2010-03-01 16:02:33 -0300, Miguel Enrique Cobá Martinez

El lun, 01-03-2010 a las 16:14 -0300, Esteban Lorenzano escribió:
> which one?

Sorry :)

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/magma/2010-January/001493.html

--
Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: Q: is there a way to get the classes referenced by a class?

Alexandre Bergel
Hi Esteban,

I made a small extension of O2 that shows external dependencies. It is
not perfect, but I find it useful. I attached some screenshots.
The second screenshot shows that the package Network-Kernel has 6
methods that references the package ToolBuilder-Kernel.
Right clicking on the mondrian node opens a menu that enable you to
browse the method. I use this tool to make sure I do not have any
unwanted dependencies.

It works on PharoCore 1.1. To load it:

#('DependencyView')
do: [:t |
        | name |
        name := 'ConfigurationOf', t.
        Gofer new
                squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
                package: name;
                load.
        ((Smalltalk at: name asSymbol) project perform: #lastVersion) load ].

Cheers,
Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Picture 4.png (60K) Download Attachment
Picture 5.png (45K) Download Attachment

Re: Q: is there a way to get the classes referenced by a class?

EstebanLM
Thank you, Miguel and Alexandre... I'm looking into it :)

Cheers,
Esteban

On 2010-03-01 16:59:23 -0300, Alexandre Bergel

On 2010-03-01 16:59:23 -0300, Alexandre Bergel

On 2010-03-01 16:59:23 -0300, Alexandre Bergel