QCMagritte influences

Iwan Vosloo
Hello,

After my previous question[1] and the pointers given to QCMagritte, I
figured I had to start investigating QCMagritte to see if it will help
for our use case. The one I did not mention was changing screens using
ajax, so I am now trying (inbetween things) to see how QCMagritte
influences work.

It seems the QCMagritte solution is its setters for descriptions, and
the use of, eg. addInfluence:for: in there. Is it possible for me to use
this mechanism without subclassing from QCObject, and in a component
that knows nothing about QCComponent?  (Or, alternatively, how can I get
influences to work with as little as possible other QCMagritte stuff
involved?)

If I want to try and use QCMagritte for this goal, I need to be able to
retrofit it bit by bit into an existing application where I cannot just
make existing things inherit from QCMagritte objects.

[1] http://forum.world.st/Understanding-dynamic-descriptions-td4840991.html

Regards
- Iwan

--
Reahl, the Python only web framework: http://www.reahl.org

Re: QCMagritte influences

Stephan Eggermont-3
Of course you can extract the parts of QCMagritte you want. It is just a lot of moving parts. Do you get to a different structure when refactoring your application to DRY?

Stephan

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone

On 08/09/2015 16:51, Stephan Eggermont wrote:
> Of course you can extract the parts of QCMagritte you want. It is just a lot of moving parts.

Hi Stephan,

Is there documentation or examples anywhere I can follow in order to get
an example going that uses influences & ajax but avoid all the other stuff?

Regards
- Iwan

On 09/09/15 19:33, Iwan Vosloo wrote:

> On 08/09/2015 16:51, Stephan Eggermont wrote:
>> Of course you can extract the parts of QCMagritte you want. It is just
>> a lot of moving parts.
>>

> Hi Stephan,
>
> Is there documentation or examples anywhere I can follow in order to get
> an example going that uses influences & ajax but avoid all the other stuff?

Sorry I missed your post. QCMagritte is rather tightly coupled together,
and we made no examples for the separate parts. There are  videos,
slides and code of our esug presentations.

Stephan