QCMagritte question- does it have undo?

Paul DeBruicker
I've never used magritte or QC magritte and was wondering whether with the momento it qas also possible to get multi step undo cheaply if it didn't already exist.

Thanks

Paul

Re: QCMagritte question- does it have undo?

NorbertHartl

> Am 11.11.2016 um 06:03 schrieb PAUL DEBRUICKER <[hidden email]>:
>
> I've never used magritte or QC magritte and was wondering whether with the momento it qas also possible to get multi step undo cheaply if it didn't already exist.

I don't know if it exists. But you just need to save the current memento, copy it (make sure the dictionary inside is another instance) and use that. This would work before a commit has been done. Do you want to undo even commited stuff?

Norbert

Re: QCMagritte question- does it have undo?

Paul DeBruicker
Thanks Norbert.

I'm not sure of the feasibility/value but I think it would be nice to be able to undo back to a clean slate and redo all the way to a fully fleshed out system. Or at least some sane way in a multi-user environment.

I wonder how etherpad.org  has their undo structured. I'll go check it out.

Paul

NorbertHartl wrote
> Am 11.11.2016 um 06:03 schrieb PAUL DEBRUICKER <[hidden email]>:
>
> I've never used magritte or QC magritte and was wondering whether with the momento it qas also possible to get multi step undo cheaply if it didn't already exist.

I don't know if it exists. But you just need to save the current memento, copy it (make sure the dictionary inside is another instance) and use that. This would work before a commit has been done. Do you want to undo even commited stuff?

Norbert

Re: QCMagritte question- does it have undo?

stepharo
Paul there is an undo framework inside Pharo I imagine that you can use
it to build your ideas.

Stef

Le 11/11/16 à 18:31, Paul DeBruicker a écrit :

> Thanks Norbert.
>
> I'm not sure of the feasibility/value but I think it would be nice to be
> able to undo back to a clean slate and redo all the way to a fully fleshed
> out system. Or at least some sane way in a multi-user environment.
>

> I wonder how etherpad.org  has their undo structured. I'll go check it out.
>

> Paul
>

> NorbertHartl wrote
>>> Am 11.11.2016 um 06:03 schrieb PAUL DEBRUICKER &lt;
>> pdebruic@
>> &gt;:
>>> I've never used magritte or QC magritte and was wondering whether with
>>> the momento it qas also possible to get multi step undo cheaply if it
>>> didn't already exist.
>>>
>> I don't know if it exists. But you just need to save the current memento,
>> copy it (make sure the dictionary inside is another instance) and use
>> that. This would work before a commit has been done. Do you want to undo
>> even commited stuff?
>>
>> Norbert

Re: QCMagritte question- does it have undo?

Stephan Eggermont-3
On 11/11/16 06:03, PAUL DEBRUICKER wrote:
> I've never used magritte or QC magritte and was wondering whether with the momento it qas also possible to get multi step undo cheaply if it didn't already exist.

There is no explicit support for multi-step undo. In QCMagritte we have
support for non-dictionary mementos, and we mostly use that to create
actual model instances instead (with reduced validation constraints).
That facility might be a good place to add multi-step undo easily.

Stephan